Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

if your nanny does extra hours do you pay her more, less or the same

(8 Posts)
itsnotatoy Mon 22-Sep-08 17:26:02

just wondering what to put in the contract

so you pay more / less / the same in these situations

- extra time at end of working day -running late

- extra time at end of working day - prearranged babysitting into the evening

- babysitting in evening say a different night to when she has been working with your family

- extra daytime hours on a day she doesn't usually work for you

And for babysitting, do you pay differently after a certain time when you assume children are in bed (I'm asking as our usual babysitting rate is £7 an hour, but they generally come after kids in bed or just as they are going to sleep) Nanny rate will be £8 an hour net during day and if she is putting them to bed then it shouldn't be less than that I guess but it will get expensive if she is there babysitting later and I end up treating it like her daily hours with tax / NI etc and I'd be better off getting our cheaper usual sitter

cthea Mon 22-Sep-08 17:30:43

Same for all events.

itsnotatoy Mon 22-Sep-08 17:57:45

so if she came to babysit at the weekend you would include in the payslip and pay tax /NI. (mine is live out btw)

jurahasfoundthehiggsboson Mon 22-Sep-08 18:09:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nannyL Mon 22-Sep-08 18:35:40

i dont havebabysitting in my payslip

on the very rare occasion i babysit its cash in hand at the end of the evening, just like when i babysit for other families, and like when oterh babyistters sit for them

nannyL Mon 22-Sep-08 18:37:50

I also get slightly less than my daytime rate to babysit...

but generally i just sit thereand watch TV / DVDs / play on the Wii, and when i know im babysitting i sky+ my programmes and sit and watch them

the children always sleep through

when i babysit for other families i charge the same (cheaper) rate as IMO babysitting is completely different to nannying

imananny Mon 22-Sep-08 19:06:34

charge the same as my daily hourly rate

itsnotatoy Mon 22-Sep-08 23:09:32

thanks all. will talk to ehr about what she expects too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now