Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder search

(16 Posts)
mumfin Mon 22-Sep-08 14:33:57

Hi, I'm looking for a childminder for my son from January 2009, when he will be 10months old then, in the Ealing area. And I have been struggling to find one. Anyone got any recommendations?
I've thought of nanny share as well, but this has also proven difficult to find in my area.
Any help, would be greatly appreciated

JenniPenni Mon 22-Sep-08 15:02:53

Phone the Children Information Services for the Ealing area - they will give you a list of the childminders with vacancies in your area

JenniPenni Mon 22-Sep-08 15:06:58

I found this here, a CM in Ealing:

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/4118/610925

mumfin Mon 22-Sep-08 16:11:25

thks Jenni. I have emailed most of the childminders on the online list on the children information service, and it has proven difficult, as most have no vacancies.

littlestarschildminding Mon 22-Sep-08 16:24:42

Hello,
Im a cm in Ealing.

Have a look at my website www.littlestars.webeden.co.uk

or email me on nannyadverts@yahoo.co.uk

JenniPenni Mon 22-Sep-08 16:35:40

It's your link I found!

sharonanne Mon 22-Sep-08 21:33:33

where in ealing are you i am in brentford but depends what end of ealing you are
my email is sharonallen18@aol.com

mumfin Mon 22-Sep-08 21:35:58

Hi Littlestarschildminding, Great website! Do you have vacancies in January?
Please let me know
thks

elkiedee Mon 22-Sep-08 21:36:28

mumfin, ring the Childcare Information Service and get the full printed list, there are more on that than there are online.

mumfin Mon 22-Sep-08 21:37:38

Hi Sharonanne, I am in South ealing. Are you a childminder? Do you have vacancies in January?

littlestarschildminding Tue 23-Sep-08 07:49:18

mumfin,

Yes I will have a vacancy in Jan as one of my little boys is leaving in dec as his mum is going on maternity leave.
Im in the Northfields area.
Email me more details, eg the age of your LO and the hours you are looking for at nannyadverts@yahoo.co.uk
Don't want to post too much info online smile
You are more than welcome to pop round for a coffee and chat.

mumfin Wed 24-Sep-08 09:38:46

thks littlstars. But my husband and I are opting for a nanny/nannyshare now.

sharonanne Wed 24-Sep-08 10:00:01

yes i am a childminder and also had space but i see you are looking for a nanny now.
hope all goes well.

dianafoliveira Wed 24-Sep-08 12:14:33

Hi!
I saw your add looking for a babysitter in london.
I'm a 26 years old portuguese girl with a degree (5 years course) in Pedagogy. I absolutly love children and I know how to explore their skills! I'm very outgoing, friendly and organized! During university I've studied special needs like autism
I'm going to live in London in 2nd December. If you need me or if you know someone who needs please let me know. My mother is a children doctor in Portugal and I've worked with children in Portugal too so I can give you some people who can recomend me.
I'm avaiable for a personal interview because I think that's the best way for us to know each other.
But I think we can find other ways, I would love to help your family!
You can contact me to dianafoliveira@gmail.com

With my best regards,

--
Diana Oliveira

peanutbutterjelly Wed 24-Sep-08 13:47:09

Hi Diana
Do you have any experience in looking after children? any references?

dianafoliveira Wed 24-Sep-08 21:58:46

Hi!Yes I have experience with children and I can give you references! Also my mother is a a Pediatrician in Portugal! Beside of that I was a volunteer for three years in Portugal for "Child protection institute" where I worked with many children (I have certificates to comprove)
I'm sure a personal interview is the best way for a mother to see if each candidate is the right person. If you like to set a date, let me know to my e-mail dianafoliveira@gmail.com

I arrive london in the 2nd December

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now