Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is there such a thing as casual/flexible childcare ??

(5 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Sat 20-Sep-08 21:11:30

I will be starting a job in November (ish), working 3 shifts a week in a hospital.

I will have to work nights, earlies and lates, although the nights will be minimal and my mum will have the kids then.

My mum will also have the kids any other time that I am at work and she isn't, but as we will both be doing shifts, we will at some point clash.

When these clashes happen I am going to need childcare, but there is no way of knowing how often. It could be as much as once a week or as little as once a month.

Any ideas ??

anyoneoutthere Sun 21-Sep-08 00:59:14

There are plenty of nannies and childminders that do ad-hoc care. Your best bet would be to look on www.nannyjob.co.uk and www.gumtree to see what's available in your area

phraedd Sun 21-Sep-08 10:46:27

that is the type of thing i do. There are nannies out there performing this service but generally it is on a first come, first served basis so you will need to get your shift pattern to the nanny as soon as possible so that they can "book" you in.

I am in St Albans - where are you?

imananny Sun 21-Sep-08 13:48:14

as anyoneoutthere and phraeed both say, there are some of us who do this

I unfort am not in your area (birmingham) but hopefully you will be able to find someone like phread or I

good luck

IllegallyBrunette Sun 21-Sep-08 21:50:31

Thanks

I do know a childminder so will have a word with her to see if she'd be willing to have them on a casual basis or if she knows anyone that could.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now