Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Sunny weekend staff room

(12 Posts)
tulip31 Sat 20-Sep-08 12:59:38

Opens the door and windows and lets the fresh air in.

Its beautiful here, ashame that dc3 has come down with a cold and funny tum (due to the cold etc), and I have acquired an extra child for part of the day - helping out a friend!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend, I'm going to try to clean the house (5 dc's may say otherwise! hmm), and do some paperwork.

twinkletwinklelittledy Sat 20-Sep-08 13:34:53

Your so good having someones child on your day off! My own children are grown up now and away from home I childmind all week and love it but I do begrudge getting an "emergency" call at night or at the weekend....
The other thing I really begrudge is paperwork!!!! Is it your own or dreaded eyfs stuff?

tulip31 Sat 20-Sep-08 15:03:59

Paperwork - a bit of both. Need to file my own bits, and I've sorted my themes for next 12 months but need to try and do a more detailed plan.

BoysArrrrLikeDogs Sat 20-Sep-08 15:06:44

Been shopping with DS2, got trainers/new socks for him plus trendy long boots for me and a swishy skirt.

DS1 on a playdate.

DP pottering.

Paperwork is on my agenda later, too.

twinkletwinklelittledy Sat 20-Sep-08 15:12:35

I broke my months into 4 weeks (roughly) and then did another plan for each week based on the months theme. I think then that covers the long,medium and short term planning they're asking us for?? Im only just starting to do assessments!! oh I find that grueling

tulip31 Sat 20-Sep-08 15:26:29

Twinkle, thank you. I have done my themes over 2 months - I only have 1 2 yr on books, (the other 2 are my own 3 and 1!), and as he is with me on 'shifts' I thought he would get more from each theme if we spent a little longer on it.
The assessments I don't seem to have a problem with as yet, but we are doing initial ones and will then see if there are any areas that need to be observed in more depth.

Boys - good to hear that you have some nice boots - I like boots and nice shoes but so rarely get to wear them with this job (can't chase my 3 year old in heels and he's the one that is always likely to do a runner - escaped off of the wrist band the other day, so have invested in some more leather safety reins!)

twinkletwinklelittledy Sat 20-Sep-08 15:30:49

I'll let you crack on with your paperwork after I just ask you...

How often do you think we should be doing assessments and observation??? weekly maybe?

tulip31 Sat 20-Sep-08 15:36:57

I was going to do an organised/preplanned assessment at least once a month and any spontaneous observations as they happen.

I did want to try and timetable my week so that I could do an observation every week, but due to mindee being here on a varying shift pattern, this isn't doable, so things just tend to occur! wink

twinkletwinklelittledy Sat 20-Sep-08 15:50:25

ok thanks for that enjoy the rest of your weekend

nannynick Sat 20-Sep-08 17:34:14

My weekend seems to be going from good to bad.
Had a late notice babysitting booking for tonight, only for 3 hours but better than nothing.
I was supposed to be working tomorrow (Sunday) daytime but the parent has just texted to cancel. So tomorrow will be my third day in a row of not doing any work.
My car decided to refuse to lock this afternoon. Called garage and yep no one there on Sat afternoons in technical/service dept. Looked it up on the net and it seems to be a known issue without a fix. It's intermittent.
Having read that, went to car, and it locked. So seems like if it doesn't lock you make a cup of tea and by the time you've drunk that, the car locks. Oh I hate car computers!

Made myself an early tea to cheer me up... chicken, mash and assorted veg. Plus have just made some RiceKrispie Cakes (not sure cake is the right word, but you know what I mean).

twinkletwinklelittledy Sat 20-Sep-08 19:35:59

Oh dear nanny I do hope things get better ......mmmm maybe a little wine?

tulip31 Sat 20-Sep-08 20:10:30

Nick, sorry to hear that your weekend is not what you had hoped. Hope that things get better, hope you enjoyed your tea. I've just had a chinese with my eldest son, and am now watching scooby doo with my 3 year old!!! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now