Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What would you like a mindee to give you as a thank you present???

(16 Posts)
Dozymare Thu 18-Sep-08 10:54:00

We are sadly losing the best CM ever due to my impending arrival of baby number 3 and th fact that i will probably not return to work. She has minded the boys since March of this year, and is an absolute darling!

I want to get her a small token of our appreciation and wondered if you ladies could help me?? What would you like to recieve as a thank you? Flowers/Chocolates/candle/perfume

I would say something homemade, but realistically I am not going to get the chance to do that as it is last day tomorrow

Thanks in advance

clutteredup Thu 18-Sep-08 10:54:52

Wine!

star1976 Thu 18-Sep-08 10:56:52

Woman after my own heart clutteredup!!!!

Dozymare Thu 18-Sep-08 11:05:07

i did wonder about that grin

PinkChick Thu 18-Sep-08 13:46:07

ah but does she drink it?..i (as a cm ) dont so would much prefer flowers or something personal like a mousemat/coaster with pic of your LO onsmile..boots and the like do this for about £7smile

hennipenni Thu 18-Sep-08 13:55:53

and don't forget to write her a glowing reference to show ofsted/prospective parents. That would mean more to me than a pressie!

nannynick Thu 18-Sep-08 14:04:13

In the current economic climate, what do people think about giving a Gift Card - such as one from Tesco's or other retailers - or cash.

Very impersonal, but very practical as it could be used to buy various things, or be part-payment towards something. It could be used to buy the Sunday Roast.

It could be combined with a card made by the children, with their photos in it for example, plus a lovely written reference.

Dozymare Thu 18-Sep-08 14:25:58

what would you think if you recieved £30 gift certifcate/voucher for your local beauty salon so you could treat yourself to a manicure/facial whatever????

nbee84 Thu 18-Sep-08 15:50:52

I'd be delighted smile

mumlove Thu 18-Sep-08 16:54:23

I get NEXT vouchers from 1 set of my parents for my birthday and xmas. I find it wonderful as I ever only go in there when they have a sale on otherwise.

Meg18 Sat 20-Sep-08 14:23:20

I would go for wine and a £40 beauty vouvher, sounds alot I know but my mum was a childminder for over 20 years I am very experienced in knowing what thewy want for a leaving pressie!!!

twinkletwinklelittledy Sat 20-Sep-08 14:56:26

As a childminder I would love a beauty voucher mmmm a lttle bit of pampering and the glowing ref for ofsted would mean a lot too

trouble18524 Sat 20-Sep-08 19:36:36

Theatre tokens for a west end show?
Most important, that reference

Dozymare Sat 20-Sep-08 19:53:35

so let's talk reference - does it have to be formal???? what is the m,ost important thing I can put that will help her - she really is an absoulte gem and I get a bit teary thinking that she might not be able to have the boys when I return to work next year!

sallystrawberry Sat 20-Sep-08 20:01:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

trouble18524 Sat 20-Sep-08 20:33:44

Reliabilty.

Childrens happiness while in her care.

Your comfort at leaving them in her care.

If there were any moments where you felt she went out of her way/above and beyond her normal duties, although I speak as a nanny not a CM. These points have been put in my references and it looks great on paper.

My references are all written formal, but, phone contact is available with all of them and that is also very important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now