Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - Advice about care for over 8's please!

(6 Posts)
star1976 Thu 18-Sep-08 09:08:16

How many over 8's are we allowed to care for? As you don't have to be registered to care for them is there a limit?

I read somewhere (I think) that it just can't affect the care of those under 8?

Any advice please?

tulip31 Thu 18-Sep-08 09:17:38

I think there is a limit on the back of the public liability insurance (10???), but please check yours.

I also believe that the care of the over 8's shouldn't impact on the care of those under (due to this have recently given notice to an over 8).

Sorry so vague wink

star1976 Thu 18-Sep-08 09:27:21

Thanks, that's what I thought.

I only have one under 8 after school who is 7 and my DS who is 2.7 so doesn't affect them at all. My DS loves having the older ones here.

My insurance is with NCMA so yes I think it is 10 (or 11?).

star1976 Thu 18-Sep-08 09:31:58

Just checked and it is 12 so I am fine. Thought I was but was told by a friend last night that someone thought I was having too many kids and breaking rules.

Annoying thing is that this person used to be a registered childminder but gave it up as hated all the paperwork, BUT IS STILL CHILDMINDING!!!!!!!

And she had the nerve to imply I was breaking rules Cheeky cow angry!!!!

Childminding is my chosen profession and how I pay my bills, wouldn't be worth risking it like that!

tulip31 Thu 18-Sep-08 09:56:15

This happened to a friend of mine, and she was reported to ofsted. They basically said that she was within her numbers insurance wise and that her care wasn't affected so no problem.

star1976 Thu 18-Sep-08 10:51:38

Well I am sure that she won't report me given what she is doing, but I have nothing to hide anyway.

Thanks Tulip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now