Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Stealing smeeinit 's idea: Feedback needed on website pls.

(10 Posts)
navyeyelasH Wed 17-Sep-08 21:53:15

Hey everyone, if anyone has a spare 30 5 mins could I get some feedback on my site please? I think it's too long and talky? What do you reckon?

Any feedback great fully received thanks! x

www.hayleyevans.co.uk

lou031205 Wed 17-Sep-08 22:08:34

Love it - only criticism is that you have no title on your front page. Your name & "Nanny" would do - just a bit odd not to have a title.

Brangelina Wed 17-Sep-08 22:18:36

When you say first degree do you mean the grade or the fact you've done more than on degree? If it's the former it should read "first class degree" .

On the Who am I page the timescale is not very clear - you talk about your degree, then other jobs, then say you have 7 years experience in childcare and you're only 24 - to me it sounds a bit like you got your degree at 16 then worked for a while before taking up childcare at 17. Maybe you could be a bit clearer on that.

Love the graphicssmile

smeeinit Wed 17-Sep-08 22:22:45

i love it,very informitive and easy to read. smile

botherednanny Wed 17-Sep-08 22:59:17

I love, love, love it but don't think that having no tattoos or piercings is a relevant point lol

loving the pictures and the little monster thing thou smile

southernbelle77 Thu 18-Sep-08 06:28:04

'I provide both ad hoc childcare and emergency childcare cover, either in your own home or mine'

Just wondering, if you are a nanny and a childminders ASSISTANT, how you can provide care in your home?

I think the website is pretty good. It is a bit wordy, but what you say is (pretty much) all relevant and not hard to read.

bamboostalks Thu 18-Sep-08 08:31:16

I am a bit confused by this. It is not clear to me whether you are available full time care or not. I would state that very clearly if you are not.

nannynick Thu 18-Sep-08 08:45:52

I feel there is a lack of information about where you are located, are covered.
On the home page, the only mention of area is in the TITLE tag.

anyoneoutthere Thu 18-Sep-08 10:22:23

Fantastic!!!

navyeyelasH Thu 18-Sep-08 23:28:48

Ok right sorry for delay been in work all day and then went to see Mamma Mia grin

lou031205 I don't really know what you mean? Sorry I am being dense as am really tired!

Brangelina (love ya name!) I've done 2 degrees but yup I mean first class honours degree; I think this is a regional thing? In Wales we say first degree look here and here for an example. But seems as how I am in England now it's a very good point and I will change it - thanks!

The time scale thing is very tricky to explain via type (although to date not had any parents who were confused - maybe because my CV is clearer?) but anyway the 7 years experience comes from "more informal of casual setting" ie. caring for family and friends children. I think I have looked at it too much and can't see a way to reword it to make it super obvious without changing the tone. Any advice would be muchly appreciated?

Graphics - I'm not convinced on ther banners that go across the top of the text boxes though? I like the ones on the home and experience page but not fussed on the rest? Having a hard time on finding suitable photos/images to be honest!

smeeinit thanks - sorry to steal your idea hope that's ok? I'm going to leave a comment on your thread either tonight or tomorrow. Thing yours is great too (and I like the butterflies personally).

botherednanny I don't know if there is something in the water down my way but a few families (4) in a row asked me if I had any facial piercings / obvious tattoos?!? So thought I would add it on. Also it seems to make other, less fussy (?) parents laugh! I also love that little monster - he is quite cute really!

southernbelle77 I am currently registering to be a childminder; but until that comes through I am caring (only happened twice to date 6 hours each time) for children using the The Childcare (Exemptions from Registration) Order 2008 specifically section 5(b). Where you basically get 14 days (in a year) to care for children in your own home. Have Childminders insurance (MM), food hygiene cert etc. Good to hear that although it's wordy it's not too hard to read.

bamboostalks I thought this too and so added a question on the question page. It's the first question on the page; does that not make it clearer?

nannynick very good point - but the reason is because I don't want to confine myself to certain areas. Like for example, if I say I only cover, X, Y, Z and a person might live just past Z and they might not get in contact with me thinking that they live too far out? Or am I just being stupid? I have had bookings for places about a 30 minute drive away which I'm fine to travel too so long as parent pays part of petrol (always discussed prior to turning up obviously) - if I list areas maybe I'd be doing myself out of business? What do you think? Sometimes I over think things and this could be a prime example! Another good booking I had was a wedding - I was basically asked to go to a wedding and keep 9 under 6's happy for a few hours (were 2 nannies in total) that was an hour drive away. But then I suppose I am not making very good use of google am I?! hmm

anyoneouthtere thanks very much!

Thanks for all the input everyone, I'm off to bed! [sleepy face] x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now