Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

makaton

(4 Posts)
changingsoon Wed 17-Sep-08 16:42:39

anyone know any sites that give you the signs and what they mean. not having much luck and cant get on the training until mid next year.

nannynick Wed 17-Sep-08 17:24:11

Makaton.org has some free resources, but it is a bit limited. In the past there have been some sites around with signs, but Makaton is copyrighted, so such sites are probably in breach of copyrights and thus they don't seem to exist for long.

BBC Something Special has some signs, plus video clips - so that is a good place to start to learn.

Once you have mastered the signs on the Something Special site, then get the Makaton Nursery Rhymes DVD and learn some of the songs.

navyeyelasH Wed 17-Sep-08 19:58:00

changing soon best place is local library for books. Also links nannynick has posted are very handy as is mr tumble. I also used this when I started to learn a while ago which I thought was a nice introduction: intro video

I found flash cards really really helpful too and if you have time you can make them yourself using the Mr Tuble site and some laminating stuff - either a machine or self laminating pouches.

navyeyelasH Wed 17-Sep-08 20:01:29

PS> be careful with the second link as the signs are a bit different to Makaton - but still useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now