Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Good Morning all Staff Room Open

(23 Posts)
TheConfusedOne Wed 17-Sep-08 07:48:48

Goodness I haven't opened up in ages!

I have filled the fridge with water and OJ, and filled the tin with Ryvita, low fat spread in the fridge as well, and cucumber to top the Ryvita.

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh cakes in there really grin

KatyMac Wed 17-Sep-08 07:50:47

Morning - I am making some very hard decisisons

SammyK Wed 17-Sep-08 08:00:01

Good morning all, not been having chance to get in here much lately.

Shoshe you had me scared for a minute there!! grin {snaffles sugar and calories}

Katymac, good luck with your decision making. I have said it before but you do need to put yourself first.

TheConfusedOne Wed 17-Sep-08 08:01:40

I hope one decision is to give up the part time work Katy, your health is more important.

LoveMyGirls Wed 17-Sep-08 08:02:09

Morning!

KM - sorry you are having such a hard time lately, if you want to vent feel free to msn me anytime x

I've only got 1 mindee today and my dd2, we're going to a childminder group I'm going to try and remember my camara and batteries! (yesterday forgot batteries!)

Off now to make breakfast and my first cuppa and some porridge!

eleanorsmum Wed 17-Sep-08 08:10:03

morning all. i'm feeling off colour today sad. all achey and wierd feeling. just dosed up on painkillers so hopefully will get through the day. off to drop in this morn, hope to be able to sit down for a while there at least! but am still smiling as i get my new car tom grin
hope everyone gets through the day ok. this place is just invaluable for support when you work on your isn't it?!

TheConfusedOne Wed 17-Sep-08 08:12:34

OOOhh EM what have you bought, it was you that had all the trouble with you previous car wasn't it?

NumberFour Wed 17-Sep-08 08:21:38

Hello

I have not been in the staff room for a while and I am quite new so better introduce myself again: CM in Surrey with loads of kids (all within limits!) in my 2 bed house and one 3 year old son who will be 4 next month (and husband who is also self employed!)

KM, I have seen a few of your posts (and your BBC appearance!) and I do hope that everything is okay or gets better...
EM: hope you feel better soon. My throat feels like I have swallowed a roll of barbed wire and my son has been off preschool for 3 days with the same.

The kids are getting restless. Must be off on school run.

SammyK Wed 17-Sep-08 08:25:55

The fabric on my marco sky is getting really faded and quite tatty blush

I have the navy/baby blue one, and have replaced the bumper bar with new fabric which just shows up how tatty the rest of it is!! Can you get just the fabric parts?? The wheels and frame are fine and don't want to fork out for another one if I can just replace parts.

EM: hope you feel better soon.

no4: Hello smile

Off to school now..

eleanorsmum Wed 17-Sep-08 08:36:33

thanks all
confused - yes it was me with all the car trouble! i have bought a citroen C8 which is 4 years old. very excited!
sammy - thanks and are you interested in buying a used marco maybe? i'm probably selling mine as i have found the ultimate buggy and am hoping to buy it soon!

LoveMyGirls Wed 17-Sep-08 08:46:25

Mindee's mum just came, mindee is teething and waking her in the night alot shes tried everything, she's exhausted and her family are refusing to give her help. She's worried she's going to lose her job she only started recently. I don't know what to suggest apart from offering to have him overnight but I can't do that because I'm not registered for overnight care and she couldn't afford to pay me and to do it for free when i've got mindee full time and I'm finding it hard work during the days would be madness especially as if he is waking all through the night it would mean my dp wouldn't get enough sleep and my dd's would get woken up too.

looneytune Wed 17-Sep-08 09:03:58

Morning all. Ds1 off school today (but wants to go, bless him). He's got a terrible cough so need to get him checked and make sure it's not a chest infection.

EllieM - what is the marco like? I'd like to see it when we next meet up?

I had an email yesterday about this triple pushchair for £145.00 - anyone got any idea whether or not they are any good? I've got a bad back now (probably all the lifting etc. and not long after having baby) and the sling can't help

SammyK Wed 17-Sep-08 09:11:52

LT I bought an OBaby double and it was HORRENDOUS. I ended up taking it back the next day and complaining, and getting a refund. I would avoid it, it was an absolute nightmare to push the double, so I can't imagine pushing it as a triple.

LMG - is she doing calop and ibuprofen together? Has she tried anbesol teething liquid? (It comes in a little glass bottle). I do feel for her, all you can do is give them as much pain relief as possible really. Poor little thing.

southernbelle77 Wed 17-Sep-08 09:14:19

Morning all! One mindee alseep, other playing and waiting for 3rd to arrive! Then off to the park.

KM - I hope you can make the best decision for YOU. You need to take care of yourself.

LT - I know someone with that triple buggy. They are very happy with it and say it's not much different to pushing a double (unless you have a REALLY heavy extra person in there ) Good value too.

EM - Good luck with the car!

I have a really rotten sore throat today too. Was up at 2.30am in agony but just dosing myself up as can't afford to take time off and dont' want to let parents down!

Hey ho, best dash and sort everything out for the park!

PinkChick Wed 17-Sep-08 09:20:09

just a quicky as baby mindee wants a picture printed out of other older baby mindee as her new diary ahd one in and mum has brough old(thought shed lost it) diary!..so mindee not happy..shouting x at diary with mad face on! and then got to pirnt out cars printable for older mindee...anyhoo...LMG, ask mindees mum if shes tried Medised, i honestly swear by it!, eases their aches/pains and helps them sleep!, i dont buy ANYTHING else!.
byeeeeee

NumberFour Wed 17-Sep-08 11:39:02

Sorry to interrupt but I feel like a TERRIBLE mother. As i said earlier, my son has been off school for 3 days with a cold and I have moaned at least 3 times in front of him how difficult it is when he is around all the time. I am horrible horrible horrible. If someone spoke about me like that IO would tell them where to get off!!![

LoveMyGirls Wed 17-Sep-08 12:18:02

No4 You are not a terrible mother! Just give him some TLC when you can and all will be forgiven. Things are harder with an extra child especially when they are ill too. Apologise and move on, we're only human x

LoveMyGirls Wed 17-Sep-08 12:19:41

Thanks for advice about mindee everyone, she has tried medised, boljella, nurofen, calpol, ashtons and he just keeps waking screaming (he has a very loud cry which comes from nothing to full on screaming) she just needs a decent nights sleep and a bit of support. I've said he'll probably cut it any day now and it will settle down for a bit in the mean time just deal with 1 day at a time.

TheConfusedOne Wed 17-Sep-08 12:45:19

SB, sympathies I have the sore throat thing as well. sad

southernbelle77 Wed 17-Sep-08 13:08:12

Interesting morning!

One mindee now going home as not well, poor little love. Other mindees will then have a sleep.

I have a VERY clingy mindee at the moment. Mindee is 2 and has been with me for well over a year and has ALWAYS been fine - almost the perfect mindee. But now dd has gone to school it has all changed. Will not do ANYTHING unless is practically attached to my leg and it is very hard work (especially with an poorly one today). I'm just trying to do as much as I can but explaining I can not do it all the time as have others to look after too. Hopefully it will pass!

NO4 - Don't beat yourself up about it. It is hard but extra tlc and cuddles when you can will make up for it.

Sorry you have a sore throat too Shoshe confused!

tulip31 Wed 17-Sep-08 13:17:34

Afternoon all - are there any cakes left???

Sorry to here that your minded are ill or that you are under the weather - hope all feel better soon.

KM - make the decision that is best for YOU!
No4 - you are not a terrible mother, but a normal one.
Em - have fun with the car

Hope everyone has a good day

mumlove Wed 17-Sep-08 13:29:57

Coffee and cakes all round for a lunch time 'pick me up'.

Have remembered both days to collect mindee from school at 12 smile , it is strange to take 3 or 4 mindees and DD to school and get left with 1 at home sad .
But had PP to vist today and 2 more comming tomorrow so hopefully will get at least 1 of them.

Enjoy you afternoon grin

KatyMac Wed 17-Sep-08 16:17:26

Handed in my notice today - thanks for worrying about me blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now