Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I'm really nervous!

(6 Posts)
Bettyboobird Tue 16-Sep-08 19:06:46

dh is with the children picking the new au pair up from the airport! I couldn't go because I was at uni when her flight got in.

I'm sat at home feeling really nervous! We've never had an au pair before...wish us luck!

HarrietTheSpy Tue 16-Sep-08 19:47:44

Good luck. Where did you find her?

frazzledoldbag34 Tue 16-Sep-08 19:59:21

Ooh Good luck. Let us know how you get on. I'm seriously considering one soon, but keep putting it off cos I'm a bit worried about it. How/where did you find her and how long is she staying for?

Millarkie Tue 16-Sep-08 20:41:26

Good luck - I can remember how nervous I was a month ago when dh was picking up our first AP. She is truely lovely and I am so glad she is putting up with us

Weegle Tue 16-Sep-08 20:52:39

I was really nervous when we got our first one - that evaporated pretty quickly when I realised she was more nervous!

Let us know how you get on!

Bettyboobird Tue 16-Sep-08 22:10:25

We found her on aupairworld.net about 3 weeks ago, but it feels like we've waited ages for her to be here!

Well, she's here. She's in bed on her laptop, and so are we lol! I had a really full day at uni, so I'm really tired. Luckily she seemed happy to have some time alone in her room.

She is very talkative! Her English is perfect, and she speaks about anything and everything. We already knew she's nervous about changing nappies, but she confessed tonight that the only time she tried to change one, she had to get her 6 year old neice to do it because it made her gag! shock

We've treated her as a guest this evening, so I guess her 'role' as au pair will begin tomorrow when dh takes her out and about to visit the local area, key people etc. Here's hoping it all runs smoothly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now