Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

NCMA membership?, or just insurance?

(16 Posts)
PinkChick Mon 15-Sep-08 10:24:11

just reneiwing, went with MM last year but think NCMA 'looks better' however i dont really get any benefit if im not a member do i?..thing is 'hopefully' i would only every need the paperwork from them (and not ned the legal coevr etc!)..so a member ship fee of £61 is a lot more than i would save buying say 2 packets of contracts at half price for memebers??

what to do?

PinkChick Mon 15-Sep-08 11:37:19

bumpsmile

PinkChick Mon 15-Sep-08 16:31:15

help..anyone!..got to sort it tonight at latest!

mogs0 Mon 15-Sep-08 18:18:56

I was with them in my 1st year because of the "free" toolkit (it wasn't free at all they deducted the money from our start-up grant!). I stayed with them in the 2nd year because of the NCMA support, although, with hindsight, I needn't have bothered because they weren't particularly supportive!!

I have no experience of MM though sorry.

mogs0 Mon 15-Sep-08 18:19:59

I think NCMA like to make out that being a member gives you more credibility with parents.

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 15-Sep-08 18:23:32

Am pondering too as up for renewal this month

TheConfusedOne Mon 15-Sep-08 18:36:56

I pondered this, this year, and ended up going with them.

I am on the NCMA Network, but you don't have to belong to NCMA to be on it!

Anyway decided in the end the I would go with them again.

( Nothing to do with the fact I was thinking of looking for a job with them, of course)

PinkChick Mon 15-Sep-08 20:12:36

hmm, so no 'eal' benefits then? as MM also inc membership for much less and also provide cover etc?/..just means i have to pay £15 for my contracts (ncma ones as i like them) instead of £7 eh?smile

PinkChick Mon 15-Sep-08 20:12:48

'real' woops!

mogs0 Tue 16-Sep-08 07:53:26

I have a pack of contracts if you want to buy them off me? I'm in Wales now and they're not valid here becuase they're not bi-lingual.

PinkChick Tue 16-Sep-08 08:22:27

ooh yes!, dont need any at minute, but always come in handy, are they the english ones you mean?..how much you want for them chick?
smile

sadandconfusedchildminder Tue 16-Sep-08 08:29:05

No time to change my name back but you know who I am wink I use NCMA as I'd want their legal support if ever had payment problems!

mogs0 Tue 16-Sep-08 09:51:02

Yes, they are in English. It's a full pack. £5, is that's ok?

my email is mogs0 at hotmail dot com if you want to email your details and I'll pop them in the post.

PinkChick Tue 16-Sep-08 12:11:17

right thats fab, shall i send you a cheque then?..i dont mind waiting until chq clears till you send themsmile..will email you just now

PinkChick Tue 16-Sep-08 13:39:46

just joined the ncma againsmile..had parent probs last year so as you neevr know whats going to ahppen, thought id stump up extra for themsmile..still want those contracts tho chick, will email you shortly

busymum1 Tue 16-Sep-08 18:39:52

can I reinforce how good ncma can be just had wek from hell regarding child in my care honestly thought I had major problems in desperation phoned ncma legal line last night within 24 hours they worked wonders can't believe how easy they made a terrible situation sorry can't go into too much depth due to safeguarding issues

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now