Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Monday Staff room

(10 Posts)
tulip31 Mon 15-Sep-08 07:31:30

Tulip creeps in and leaves cakes (made some today!) and coffee on the table, and creeps out - not working until after school today (3pm).

Have a good day everyone smile

eleanorsmum Mon 15-Sep-08 08:07:36

oh you beat me to it! I've got my PC back! yipeee until it goes wrong again...............

bought a new car yesterday too! my grandad very kindly gave me some money so i went and bought me a used car btu only 4 years old. being delivered this week so i can finally be rid of my last doomed vehicle!

Took dd to see angelina ballerina at the hexagon in reading yestereday, very good. had a lovely mummy day!

hope you all have a good day and don't eat too many of tulips cakes!

mumlove Mon 15-Sep-08 08:17:59

Up and made cakes to, what time did you get up?

Good morning everyone, mindees are here and waiting to go to school, younger 1 has got all the dolls out and getting older sibling to play.
The weather is dry here and hopefully it will stay that way.
Off to visit cm friend this morning but older mindee has arrived with a rash on cheeks so wondering if school will phone and ask to be collected!

Have a lovely day grin .

TheConfusedOne Mon 15-Sep-08 08:18:13

Good morning all 5 for school, but only one SAHmindee today, the other two are away.

coolj Mon 15-Sep-08 08:23:48

Morning everyone, yummy cakes [pinched one sneekily]. Ive no mindees today hurrah so just going to lazy about today, well except for housework, shopping, dr appt, walk dogs, do paperwork etc. Have a good day everyone. grin

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 15-Sep-08 13:02:24

Mmmm cakes

Well had a word with persitent late drop parent last week, explained (again) that we have to leave at X time, DCs get upset when we are late for school yadda yadda.

And

On time this morning

Result

I am so pleased.

[applies Assertive Practitioner sticker to top]

TheConfusedOne Mon 15-Sep-08 13:09:29

BALD, I have one of those, I have a little talk, she come sin on time for a few days and it goes back to being late.

i have cheated this time and told her we have to go 20 minutes earlier now, some times she is even here with on time now!

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 15-Sep-08 13:15:06

Oooh that is a good one.

I hope I don't have to resort to departing for school without the mindees, but the parent knows that this is my plan for future lateness.

Of course I feel for the parents, but it's not fair for my DCs to be late for school.

Fingers crossed

Baby and preschooler asleep, we've been able to walk to school (as on time) and walk to toddlers too this morning (dry day yaaay)

Catch you later

hennipenni Mon 15-Sep-08 13:22:41

Good afternoon, hope everybody is well. I have had a strange day where mindees have played up all morning and I don't feel "right"- don't know how or am able to explain it.

Anyhow I topped the horrendous morning of by rushing round at lunch getting mindees ready for afternoon nursery, zoomed upto nursery to find all curtains drawn and doors locked (which is usual if you're late). So I nips mindee round to receptionist and explain that I've bought ** for nursey and she says ok so of I trot around the corner on way out of school gates to come face to face with a bunch of mums on their way to nursery. "You'll have to go in through the door of doom " pipes up little old me. "why?" they ask, "You realise that nursery doesn't open for another 5 mins?" shock. I am so used to being late trhat I just assumed again that I was late!! (many of you know my lunchtimes are very quick due to morning and afternoon pickups etc.)

southernbelle77 Mon 15-Sep-08 13:36:15

Afternoon all! Gosh, it's lovely and quiet in my house for the first time in weeks!! DD now at school full time and mindees both asleep so I am actually having some lunch for a change and sitting here reading and watching the news! Sod anything else, I need a rest

Went to park this morning and mindee clung to my leg all the time so didn't bother staying too long!

Off on school run later and then back with 5 mindees and dd for dinner (2 x 2 yr, 2 rising 5's and 2 over 8's before anyone thinks I'm over my numbers!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now