Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Payslips for nanny

(11 Posts)
Tagada Sun 14-Sep-08 20:51:32


I'm a beginner in doing payroll for my nanny.
I've got the HRMC CD and got my head around it (possibly !!), and now I've been looking how I am going to write/print a payslip...I can't seem to find any at stationers or do you do it ??

Thanks !

nannynick Sun 14-Sep-08 21:10:20

At it's most basic, include the following:

Date period - eg. September 2008

Gross Salary

Tax deducted

NI deducted

Net Pay

You could also add:
Employees Name
Employers PAYE Reference

More complex designs such as this from the University of Exeter, shows Year To Date figures.
I'd keep it simple though if I were you.

nannynick Sun 14-Sep-08 21:23:56

Guide from What Pay Statements Must Itemise

The Berr guide says that if payment isn't made in full via one method, then each payment method should be itemised. So if you are part-paying using Childcare Vouchers, those should be itemised.
However my payslips are generated by a nanny payroll company and I'm part-paid with vouchers, which don't get itemised. So while Berr say such pay arrangements must be itemised, in reality it doesn't always happen.

Tagada Sun 14-Sep-08 21:59:57

Thanks a lot both of you.
I wondered if I couldn't just get pre-printed payslips that I would just fill in, or even better that I could print ??...

MrVibrating Mon 15-Sep-08 00:40:34

I can let you have a template in Excel if you can use it. I haven't seen pre-printed ones anywhere.

navyeyelasH Mon 15-Sep-08 08:44:31

mrvibrating [singgers like a child] can I have a look at your template please? My email is, thanks!

My boss has stopped giving me payslips for some reason - although I checked with inland revenue and they are paying tax. I might give them your template as a handy reminder that I need a payslip. Thanks!

nannynick Mon 15-Sep-08 09:49:58

You could use a duplication pad, but you will need to write it out.
Vistaprint do custom notepads, which I use for tracking mileage. Could use one of those to draw out template. But it need not be neat, you could just write it out on a sheet of paper.

familylife Thu 18-Sep-08 21:34:33

There is a company called taxing nannies that do all of that and do all your end of year accounts for £20
hope this helps

familylife Thu 18-Sep-08 21:35:07

That is per month by the way ;)

callmemitey Thu 18-Sep-08 21:40:28

If you look about locally you may find a small business that does payroll for the self employed and other small businesses. The last quote I got, they wanted £10 to set the person up on their system then about £3 a week to produce the payslip and pay into the bank account. You then pay them the money monthly/on invoice. They also do the P60/P11d annual tax forms at an additional small charge.

I can find the details of our local firm if you would like but I suggest you look for someone local. Or ask your accountant?

Spockster Thu 18-Sep-08 21:52:22

PAYE for nannies are the cheapest I found and do all your payslips and IR stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now