Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

First Aid Course for our au pair

(5 Posts)
Bettyboobird Sat 13-Sep-08 09:25:02

Hello,
Our first au pai arrives on Tuesday and I'd like to enroll her onto a first aid course.
Can anyone make a suggestion as to where to find a suitable course? I've had a quick google, but nothing is jumping out at me. I was thinking a course aimed specifically for parents/carers?
Any ideas greatfully received!!

NorbertDentressangle Sat 13-Sep-08 09:28:48

St Johns and Red Cross run lots of First Aid courses, some are aimed specifically for parents/carers.

Have you tried asking your HV or at your GPs surgery? They may know of local courses

Millarkie Sat 13-Sep-08 10:45:00

I sent one of our nannies on a course run by Tinies. Was a 1 day course for childcarers.

nannynick Sun 14-Sep-08 09:58:33

St.John Ambulance: Course Finder - use this to find Early Years First Aid courses. The course is 12-hours duration.
There are shorter courses, but those may not cover resus.

nannynick Sun 14-Sep-08 09:59:50

SureStart Children's Centres also run courses, aimed more at parents. So if near one of those, see what they have on offer - will often be a lower cost, as the course will be funded by local authority.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now