Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny gone AWOL - desperate p/t working Mum needs nanny

(8 Posts)
NK45 Fri 12-Sep-08 22:08:19

My nanny didn't turn up for work on Tuesday. She is usually early and seemed to love her job, love our d and her and I got on very well. Her and her husband's cells are off. She has not made any contact with anybody. The nanny agency she came through have contacted the police. My husband went to the address that the agency had for her and he couldn't find it. Nor can the police. I have had to change the locks.

I need someone reliable and who has no reason to disappear off the face of the earth without telling me. Anyone know a nanny looking for work? We live in west london.

Anybody had similar a experience?
I'm nervous about leaving my child with anyone now.

annh Fri 12-Sep-08 22:20:40

Dear Lord, how awful! How long had she been with you? Do you have details of any of her referees or did the agency deal with that? Sorry, I have nothing useful to say with regards to getting a new nanny, except that you have been exceptionally unlucky in having something like this happen and most nannies are dedicated and caring people.

trouble18524 Fri 12-Sep-08 22:23:55

That's awful.

A friend of mine is available to help 3 days a week (tues, wed and fri)from now until the end of sept if thats any help?

Where exactly are you, how old is your child etc?

She is a proffessional nanny with 14yrs experience, is registered with OFSTED, has current CV, FIRST AID etc.

she doesn't have access to the internet in the evenings at the moment so I am replying on her behalf. If you re interested I can pass you her details.

trouble18524 Fri 12-Sep-08 22:25:30

Sorry for spelling mistakes in my post, my keyboard plays up sometimes.

imananny Sat 13-Sep-08 13:47:15

you poor thing NK45 being let down like that
Seems very strange that both cells are off and even more so that her address doesnt seem to exsist hmm

Makes me wonder how through some nanny agencies are when it comes to checking ref etc - what has agency said?

How long had she been with you? I hope she hasbt been in some kind of accident as that seems the only good enough reason why she didnt turn up (tho doesnt explain the address situation)

I can understand that you would now be nervous, but please try not to be, you had an unlucky exp and sure your next nanny or whatever childcare you use will be more professional and reliable

littlestarschildminding Sat 13-Sep-08 20:19:06

NK45- where in west London are you? Im a cm in that area and although I have no space I know lots of CM s around here who may have space if you are local.

cat me or leave a message here

Gidleigh Sat 13-Sep-08 20:26:21

Hello,

I know of a nanny who is looking for full time work at the moment. She lives in Shephard's bush so depending on where in West London you are may work out well. She has occasionally looked after my kids and she's terrific. let me know if you are still looking.

wohmum Sat 13-Sep-08 23:33:06

Hi NK45,

my friend's naany may be abe to help for a few weeks - whereabouts in West London are you ?we're in ruislip if any good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now