Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

where to go from here?

(5 Posts)
nannyquestion Fri 12-Sep-08 16:18:41

Am posting on behalf of a friend, I will tell you the situation and would like opinions.

Nanny been with family for almost 5 months now. Started in a very rocky way but somewhat steady now. Nanny lives with her boyfriend, they currently have one car between them. Nanny came in one morning and told childrens mum that every day she was going to drive the children 30 minutes accross the city to pick up her boyfriend, then boyfriend would drive them all back to childrens house. and boyfriend would take car to work.

Means everyday children are doing and hours car trip for the sole purpose of picking up boyfriend, this is a time when youngest is supposed to be napping.

Childrens mum said she wasnt happy about this, nanny said it was only for a short time and that this is what was happening. Its now been going on for a month...

Ebb Fri 12-Sep-08 16:27:38

If they live together why does she need to go and pick him up?! If she has to start early then I would insist her boyfriend drops her off. It is her responsibility to get to work at the agreed time. I would not be happy for my cold to be in the car for an hour for no good reason to be honest. Also make sure her car is insured for her to use for work.

nannynick Fri 12-Sep-08 16:50:22

I feel the employer is right to say that they were not happy about that happening. So why is it happening... if the employer has said no?

Mtorun Sat 13-Sep-08 12:50:28

Totally aggree with nannynick. I think she need a serious chat with her nanny and remind her she!(your friend) is the boss not her(nanny).

imananny Sat 13-Sep-08 13:38:29

The employer(your friend) is boss therefore if she doesnt want her nanny to do it then she should say so -

if it was only meant to be for a week or so then dont see the problem with child napping in car, but it is obv ongoing and your friend needs to say she doesnt want this to continue

Why was the start of her job rocky?

If they live together then agree with Ebb that the boyfriend goes in with the nanny and takes her to work ( and I assume then the nanny uses your friends car during the day) and then the boyfriend takes the car to his work

or they buy another car

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now