Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

School run proof rain jacket!

(7 Posts)
navyeyelasH Thu 11-Sep-08 20:26:28

So I do have a car and mum is happy for me to do school run in car but school is 10 min walk away and it's bedlam parking and traffic wise at 3.35 so we have decided to just walk regardless of weather!

I have a lovely Regatta waterproof jacket and brill wellies but today it was like a monsoon and the one part of me that got wet was my thighs; where my jacket met my jeans. Also my hood inhibits my view and we do have to cross a fairly busy road.

So how do I stop getting wet thighs - are waterproof trousers overkill? Can you get longer length jackets that don't cost the earth? Can you get jackets with a sort of free standing hood that provides me with some peripheral vision?

I don't care what I look like - so long as I'm dry and warm. Any advice would be much appreciated; I have no idea where to start hmm

Tar!

TheConfusedOne Thu 11-Sep-08 20:38:32

Waterproof trousers are the way to go, I have a Regatta Jacket as well as bright pink wellies and navy trousers grin

navyeyelasH Thu 11-Sep-08 21:15:20

Right theconfusedone I am following your lead and getting some trousers - I don't care if parents look at me oddly I'd rather be dry & happy than grumpy moaning at my mindee to hurry up!

I ahve looked on ebay and there are a few in my size - do I just need something described as waterproof or should I get gortex or some other known brands? What other brands are there?!

TheConfusedOne Thu 11-Sep-08 21:19:55

I got mine from Millets but have sen some in Army Navy stores, (actually I had nicked DH's Army ones before)

MaureenMLove Thu 11-Sep-08 21:24:33

Hmmm! Who are you madam? I sensed we are regular chatters on my thread early today, but I didn't mention it then and now you turn up on a CM thread! grin

Sorry for the hijack btw. A hat. You need a hat!

navyeyelasH Thu 11-Sep-08 21:26:33

Do they fall down at all? I am wondering what it's like once they are wet and heavy?

I have seen these on ebay: only £1 at the minute

I might just get a cheap 2nd hand pair then when I have a better idea of what I want brave stores like Millets etc!

TheConfusedOne Thu 11-Sep-08 21:46:59

You are right oh Moesha grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now