Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

dinner time

(6 Posts)
bmz Thu 11-Sep-08 10:24:23

hi, do you provide a hot dinner for schoolies for just snacks. do parents expect dinner if the child was say being picked up at 5.30pm. thanks

PinkChick Thu 11-Sep-08 10:28:33

i only provide dinner if requested, then they have it at 5pm along with my dd.

if i have children being collected at 5pm or before, they have a snack after school(can be cold-yogurt, fruit etc or hot, but only something like toast,crumpets etc, something quick and easy)

i charge extra if parents (children) want dinner or breakfast if theyre not full time.

SammyK Thu 11-Sep-08 12:42:49

If children are here when we eat our tea, then they join us - I canno have a child sat there while we eat and explain this to parents, most parents are happy with this as it means when they get in there is less rushing. smile

I do a small snack as soon as we get in from school, then a hot tea at 5pm.

Oh and I charge £1 for meals as my hourly rate is low.

AbbaFan Thu 11-Sep-08 12:53:53

I serve dinner at 5pm and any mindees that are here until at least 5.30pm are offered it (obviously pre-arranged with parents etc).

For the others they just have a snack after-school time.

bmz Thu 11-Sep-08 14:51:18

but what would you do if you didnt have your own meals until about 6.30pm. would you cook twice.

AbbaFan Fri 12-Sep-08 09:16:42

Yep, I cook twice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now