Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

One baby, two nurseries????

(8 Posts)
miriamob Wed 10-Sep-08 23:31:47

Hi Everyone

I have a potential dilema. I hope to return to work sometime before Christmas (I freelance). The problem is the nursery I really want my 9 month old daughter to go to can only take her two days a week and probably won't have a full time place until next summer. An alternative nursery - not as nice - can take her full time. Do I go full time for the nursery I don't like so much or put her in to both nurseries part time while I wait for a full time place in my first choice? Can all that chopping and changing affect a little one really badly? Anyone with advice and/or similar experiences to share???

BradfordMum Thu 11-Sep-08 07:13:20

What about a childminder?
Have you ruled them out for a specific reason?

sally

FourArms Thu 11-Sep-08 07:17:20

What is your DD like in terms of personality? This wouldn't have suited my DS (v.clingy), but others might be OK.

compo Thu 11-Sep-08 07:26:54

I would do good nursery for 2 days until a full time place comes up and a childminder for the rest of the week

LittleMyDancing Thu 11-Sep-08 07:37:51

We did nursery three days and CM two days with DS. I figured it would be easier than getting used to two different sets of staff, especially if you don't like one of the nurseries so much.
DS loved his CM and she was very sad when the nursery found him a full time place.

miriamob Thu 11-Sep-08 09:44:47

Thanks for all your advice. Have considered the childminding option but having difficulty finding one plus my partner is v nervous about it. My little one is v sociable but I'm still concerned two nurseris might be too much for her - especially at this stage (9 mnths) when they supposedly get clingy. Anyway will have to get a job first but can't help worrying about it constantly in the meantime!

n5rje Thu 11-Sep-08 10:05:39

I had the same problem when I returned to work with DS1 the nursery nearest me could only take him 3 days per week for about 3 months before there was a full time place so he went the other 2 days to a different one. My situation is a bit different to yours as I would have been happy with either one and my DS was a bit younger but it worked just fine and he never seemed to be fazed by going to different places - it was me who was more upset when he left nursery 2 as the staff were really nice.

You know your child best but as its only a short term problem I'd at least give it a go if it allows you to be able to do the job you want to do.

miriamob Thu 11-Sep-08 13:25:27

Thanks n5rje. Its good to hear of someone who has done it successfully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now