Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB:WWYD?

(6 Posts)
PinkChick Wed 10-Sep-08 17:04:08

i have just taken on one mindee who ahs baby sister.
cant take on the baby sister as i have baby mionde starting end of month, but now this baby only needs 3 days not 5 as planned.
So have told other mum i CAN have younger sister these 3 days.

As this mindee goes to same schoola s my dd and theyre friends instead of charging normal £4 ph part time i only charge £3...

Mum has said tonight that she would like ehr youngest to come those 3 days but she would find it a struggle to pay child care for youngest....

Do i reduce my fee for them AGAIN?????..i would still be getting over £70 a week for the 3 days, but would be only receiving just over 1/2 my normal part timer fee????

nannynick Wed 10-Sep-08 17:07:18

No. Stick to your prices.
Is mum saying she wants you to have baby, but not pay you for having baby?

NumberFour Wed 10-Sep-08 17:10:33

No, don't reduce your prices. Once you start doing that it is difficult to stop and even more difficult to get back to the rate that you SHOULD be charging. I would certainly not go below £3 per child.

SammyK Wed 10-Sep-08 18:29:47

No don't do it PC, they are trying it on and if you give in you will resent them for it. If I were you I would politely remind them they already benefit from reduced rates, and so you can't possibly afford to charge any less.

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 10-Sep-08 18:34:07

Don't reduce again.

You need a decent income from your business.

southernbelle77 Wed 10-Sep-08 18:43:15

God no! You're not a charity and should not be working for nothing. Tell her that you have already given a reduced fee and if you reduce it any more you would be making a loss so it is not possible. They would have to pay more if they went elsewhere so stick to your guns!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now