Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

schoolies

(6 Posts)
bmz Wed 10-Sep-08 14:42:53

anyone out there just look after schoolies - and do you find it viable?

ThePrisoner Wed 10-Sep-08 20:00:59

I know a couple of minders who do this, but they also do "grown-up" jobs during the school day. They are collecting their own children from school as well as mindees. I have no idea what arrangements they make for school holidays, inset days etc.

SammyK Wed 10-Sep-08 20:29:11

TBH I would think a few years ago this would be viable, but unless your area is sparse in terms of after school care, you may find you don't get enough enquiries. Most schools offer wrap around care now, or families help each other out for free with play dates.

I used to have lots of scholies, but less and less as time goes on. Still receive about the same amount of enquiries for littlies though.

If you are considering it I would check out what is currently available. smile

SammyK Wed 10-Sep-08 20:32:09

TBH I would think a few years ago this would be viable, but unless your area is sparse in terms of after school care, you may find you don't get enough enquiries. Most schools offer wrap around care now, or families help each other out for free with play dates.

I used to have lots of scholies, but less and less as time goes on. Still receive about the same amount of enquiries for littlies though.

If you are considering it I would check out what is currently available. smile

bmz Thu 11-Sep-08 10:14:58

many thanks for your replies.

stellabgh Thu 11-Sep-08 13:52:24

My main income is provided by 2 sisters who I look after after school and full time in the hols. However, this is supplemented by 1 other littlie 2 days a week.
I also charge a fair bit! Wouldn't be worth doing otherwise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now