Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Wednesday Staff room.

(15 Posts)
mumlove Wed 10-Sep-08 13:12:44

Happy luch time to all you hard working CM'S.

We have been to our local group meeting and had lots of fun. It's been raining off and on all morning but the sun is trying hard to peek through.

Hope you are enjoying this lovely mid-week day.

tulip31 Wed 10-Sep-08 13:32:28

I have the day off until after school today, so have taken ds3 to nursery and then spent the morning with ds4, before treating the boys for lunch. Have just swept through the downstairs while they ate their lunches and they are now playing before we go to school.

Glad that your morning was fun, and hope that everyone esle is having a good day.

KatyMac Wed 10-Sep-08 15:48:18

Hi all

Just working on my occasional minding idea - then I am off to do the tea & the wages

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 10-Sep-08 17:17:14

bah humbug

V pissed off

Parent persistently dropping off late - makes me , not exactly late for school, but turns into a gallop not a relaxing stroll to school for my boys. I say to parent, hey come on, be fair, I must be on way at X time, not 10 minutes after. Parent bursts into tears, it's hard getting outta the door with two children (I know, I do every school day fgs)

Am I enabling the late drop off by waiting?

Am seriously considering making a point by leaving at x time on the dot. If not there then tough.

I don't mind a one-off, but this is every farking day fgs. GET UP EARLIER Aaaargh

Rant over

angry

mumlove Wed 10-Sep-08 17:56:01

Mindees have all gone and tea is cooking. I have a thumping headache - when is it bedtime!
Only 1 mindee tomorrow.

Boys - can you arrange for them to meet you at school or along the road.

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 10-Sep-08 18:31:13

I just don't know WHY the parent can't get to me on time. Well I do, actually. The parent is not a morning person, but surely this should not be my problem?

Once is fine, but every day is just ridiculous. And rude.

Meeting at school would be ok, I can offer that as a solution.

I try really hard not to grumble about my parents but this is really really pissing me off.

<<sigh>>

Sorry

SammyK Wed 10-Sep-08 18:33:55

I would explain you will be leaving your house at x time on the dot, and if they miss you they can meet you at school.

Say you understand they may find mornings difficult, but you have to put your boys getting to school on time first. Or summat. hmm

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 10-Sep-08 18:36:59

Sammy, it's like the message just doesn't get received.

Grrrr

I shall ring the family later. And reiterate.

<<deep breathing>>

southernbelle77 Wed 10-Sep-08 18:39:37

Another busy day over!

Boys - I would tell parent that if they can not be on time then you will have to leave and they will have to meet you at school or when you get home. It is not fair on you and the children to be so rushed because they can not get organised.

I have the opposite situation. Parent ALWAYS brings pretty much 15 minutes early every day. I should have said something when it started but didn't as on another day I picked up later than I was paid for which sort of made up for it. Now I don't do that but still early every day and I want to say something but as it's been happening a while I don't know what to say!

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 10-Sep-08 18:45:11

Sb we can't win, eh?

Wish me luck.

southernbelle77 Wed 10-Sep-08 18:45:47

Good luck

ThePrisoner Wed 10-Sep-08 19:15:22

southernbelle77 - in your situation, I would say to the parents that you would be happy to do a new contract to take into account the extra 15 minutes/day!

I have actually done this on occasion, for early drops and also for parents who actually always pick up much earlier than contracted to.

SammyK Wed 10-Sep-08 19:43:33

SBdo you do contract reviews? Next time you have one say you would like to review times, as your register consistently shows an earlier time.

Boys - they will get the message if you leave bang on tim, every day for a week. wink Have a note ready to stick on front door.

southernbelle77 Wed 10-Sep-08 19:56:28

I'm really silly aren't I as I have just reviewed contracts and put prices up which is why I didn't want to say anything but I know I really should have done! I think I might mention it next week - If I can pluck up the courage!

SammyK Wed 10-Sep-08 20:26:53

Do you ever look at the chaos at the end of the day and think 'why bother starightening at all up?!' It will just be chaos again tomorrow! grin blush

Done four daily diaries today, tidy up way too many times, and house still needs a good clear up. Sigh!

When parents start and do contracts, I make it clear that when we come to review (and tell them the date of review), that I will alter it if times don't match up with contracted ones. This can be in their favour or mine, and slipping it in at the very beginning of business relationship starting shows that I will not let things go, and that I do keep an eye on these things.

This job is such a learning curve, 3 years in and am still constantly changing the way I do things, training and reviewing how I run my little business. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now