Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

where to look for a short term Mothers help etc....

(7 Posts)
morethanyoubargainfor Tue 09-Sep-08 18:00:30

I am due to go into hospital in 2 weeks to have "delicate" surgery. I have been told i am not allowed to do anything apart from go to the Loo for 2 weeks min. Heres my problem my DH is working away neraly wevery day post surgery and we have DS 5, who needs taking to school 30 mins away each day and a we also have a puppy, who will need to go out. I am really looking for somebody for the short trm to help out around the house, there will be some sleep in and take ds to school and collect him.

Is there such a -person, if so where am i likely to find them?

anyoneoutthere Tue 09-Sep-08 18:06:12

Yes - lots of nannies and mothers helps do ad-hoc work. You're best bet would be looking on www.gumtree.com or netmums.co.uk

lindseyfox Tue 09-Sep-08 18:30:04

maybe get someone live in for 2 weeks as a mothers help make sure they know some light housekeeping would be involved, would also be some company for you.

would be looking at £200 net a week for a live in mothers help maybe bit less/bit more depending on your area.

smallwhitecat Tue 09-Sep-08 18:35:45

Message withdrawn

morethanyoubargainfor Tue 09-Sep-08 18:49:52

I am on Suffolk/essex boarders. Thanks for replies.

overthemill Tue 09-Sep-08 20:07:16

you might get someone through here

navyeyelasH Wed 10-Sep-08 14:02:49

or try here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/2300/601660

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now