Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Uniform?

(11 Posts)
SammyK Tue 09-Sep-08 10:59:24

I have decided to get some polo shirts with a logo on for working in, does anyone else wear similar? Or have any recommendations? TIA. smile

southernbelle77 Tue 09-Sep-08 11:24:52

Our network has some and some individual minders I know have them too. I'm not sure where they come from, but will try and find out for you!

CarGirl Tue 09-Sep-08 11:35:53

I know I am biased but all the CMs I have met who aren't that wonderful are the ones with uniforms!!!!! It makes my skin crawl when I see them, sorry! The come to toddlers sit in a row, ignore everyone else (including the children they are supposed to be minding) and then leave.

Sorry I know lots of wonderful CMs too but they are the only ones I know who where a uniform.......

SammyK Tue 09-Sep-08 12:05:49

Sorry you have had bad experiences CarGirl,

I know within our network of cm's there is a clique just as you describe in your post, and they make me very angry, as they give us all a bad name.

I want some polo shirts for practical reason, I have had two tops ruined already this week and unless I can prove clothing is bought solely for work purposes, ie with a logo on, I can't claim themas business expenses. hmm

nannynick Tue 09-Sep-08 12:16:06

I have had a uniform for many years now. My advise is get them embroidered, rather than screen printed. It costs more but lasts a lot longer, plus is tactile (babies love feeling my logo).
I use a company called Ascot Promotions, you just send them a picture of what you want and Pauline will do the rest, plus advise you on what will and won't work well.
My new tops have my logo on front, and website URL on the back.

To give you an idea of cost, 12 polo shirts, 2 sweatshirts plus a fleece, cost me a little under £300. Cost will vary depending on the items you need, quantity, how tricky your design is etc.

CarGirl Tue 09-Sep-08 13:50:26

I can see your point about wanting to claim through your business. I wonder if you look around you can someone just to do the embroidery work. One of the grandma's from school has a machine that does that kind of thing - cheaper than getting a large company to do it?

Kewcumber Tue 09-Sep-08 13:54:46

thia company on IOW is small family run with no minimum order www.uksmallbusinessdirectory.co.uk/business-listings.asp?strCompanyName=EmbroiderMe

tulip31 Tue 09-Sep-08 14:30:50

Sammy, I too now have a uniform (due to the same reason), and I use a very good friend of mine that embroiders them to your order - "Look at this page". She does my polo shirts with logo and writing on the front for £11-£12 each, obviously price will depend on what is needed, so have a look and give her a call/email.

SammyK Tue 09-Sep-08 18:14:16

Thanks for all these replies, haven't had chance to get back online!

I will looked at all those links when have put ds to bed. smile

MaureenMLove Tue 09-Sep-08 18:16:50

KatyMac's your lady for this. She did the same last year. Oh and Shoshe, she's got polo shirts I think!

SammyK Tue 09-Sep-08 21:11:54

bump for evening crowd smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now