Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

can mn help me with a childcare conundrum?

(7 Posts)
Heathcliffscathy Mon 08-Sep-08 21:56:12

I need some very limited cover:

2 after school til 7pm per week AND holiday cover for 2 mornings and 2 4pm til 7pms a week.

how can this work?

my ideal scenario would be another family a child that ds got on with and to share their nanny with them.

does that ever happen.

I've waited to expand my business until ds starts school. TOMORROW. (deep breath, lets not go there).

what do i do, put notice on wall? don't even know if there is a wall!

or do i bite the bullet and go au pair route (bye bye privacy).

Heathcliffscathy Mon 08-Sep-08 21:56:43

sorry my posts are so confusing: 2 days worth of after school til 7pm. does that make more sense?

KatyMac Mon 08-Sep-08 21:57:18

How old are the children?

Heathcliffscathy Mon 08-Sep-08 22:00:12

one ds aged nearly 5

KatyMac Mon 08-Sep-08 22:03:47

I think you should be able to find a childminder to do it quite easily

Have you looked on CIS?

nannynick Mon 08-Sep-08 22:10:10

It's possible that if a friend of yours had a nanny full time, that your son could spend the time at their home (with the nanny). But do you know anyone with a nanny, who's child is in the same class as your son?

A childminder is another option. You may find one who is prepared to do after-school care during term time and 2 full days during school holidays.

In both cases, your DS will be cared for at another location... not your own home.

If you want care in your own home, then a part-time nanny perhaps, especially if you will consider one who brings their own young child with them.

Millarkie Tue 09-Sep-08 18:42:31

I used to share my nanny and to be honest I would not have considered sharing with someone who only wanted 2 days of afterschool care as the 'share' of the cost would be so little for the resulting hassle (organising holidays, splitting tax etc). You would be more likely to find a childminder.
Having said that, when I was looking for a new family to nanny share with I put an advert on the school noticeboard (since she was having to do school pick-ups from that school) so it's worth having a look (or putting up a wanted ad).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now