Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

free placements for 3 yr olds

(9 Posts)
empressorchid Mon 08-Sep-08 21:07:54

My DS has just turned three (god where did the time go?), and I suppose is now eligible for the government funded free placements at nursery. He goes to a CM though. Does anyone Know if CM also take part in this scheme? Bearing in mind we live in Scotland and the rules are probably different!! Anyone know where I can look for advice on this?

Thanks

KatyMac Mon 08-Sep-08 21:46:10

It is normally the term after their third birthday - so January

Childminders can - but you would probably know if she does it's a fair amount of work for her - & she needs to register in advance (& do a lot of prep work)

But that is english stuff & as you say may well be different for Scotland...sorry

empressorchid Mon 08-Sep-08 22:09:08

Thanks. CM doesn't at the moment but was going to look into it!

We'll probably be leaving Scotland in the next 4-6 months so will prob leave it til then!

KatyMac Mon 08-Sep-08 22:11:32

If you are still there in Dec - I'd start some ringing round to see what is available

Or ask your CM if she wants to register - I am atm

empressorchid Mon 08-Sep-08 22:23:56

I'll let her know she needs to register. I know we're in Scotland but who are you registering with?

Thanks for the advice re: ringing around, but if we are going to leave within 6 months I don't want to upset his routine by moving from the CM (who he adores) to a nursery and then move house/nursery again.

Might just stick as we are and see when the posting is going to happen!

KatyMac Mon 08-Sep-08 22:25:28

Well I am in a network (who are registering me)

I guess in Scotland it is the Care Commission - she may not want the extra work tbh

empressorchid Mon 08-Sep-08 22:30:48

Thanks. I'll talk to her about it. she's always looking for ways to increase her workload!!! She's just finished her SVQ4 and looking at 5. Plus her hubbie is away for 6 months and with two DCs 7 & 11 you never know she might find the time grin

Thanks for your help though.

FourArms Tue 09-Sep-08 07:16:39

Empressorchid - whereabouts are you moving to next?

empressorchid Tue 09-Sep-08 19:04:25

Fourarms - no idea at the moment. Two year date is Feb so probably won't hear for a while!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now