Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

cancelling registration as a childminder

(8 Posts)
kellykateneedsaholiday Mon 08-Sep-08 20:14:02

Ive decided to give up childminding and would like to know if anyone has cancelled their registration with the Care Commission (im in Scotland).
How far in advance did you cancel, im looking to finish up in about 7 months. Is this too early to tell them.
Also if you were due an inspection during that time do you think you would still get it, (im interested to know what grade they would have gave me).

im finishing up cos i want my house back and I really dont enjoy it anymore.
Thanks

bloomingfedup Mon 08-Sep-08 20:48:47

I can't really help, I am in England. Just wondering why you are carrying on for 7 months if you don't enjoy it?smile

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Mon 08-Sep-08 20:51:29

If you are due an inspection, you are due an inspection, sorry! Seems a waste of their time though when you are leaving the profession, they could hurry up other people's inspections instead, but rules is rules hmm

I'd email or ring your development officer about canceling reg.

kellykateneedsaholiday Mon 08-Sep-08 21:07:01

carrying on cos ive got a new job in 7 months and bills to pay till then grin
and [ducks before everyone starts throwing things at me] because i make good money doing it. ive been doing it for 5 yrs and i just dont have the same enthusiasm. its turned into 'just a job'

kellykateneedsaholiday Mon 08-Sep-08 21:08:42

care commission officer on hols and its her i need to talk to so ill have to wait till next week to phone

bloomingfedup Mon 08-Sep-08 21:15:58

Nothing wrong with doing it for the money as long as you are doing a good job. It's a job - alot of people don't get that. smile

mogs0 Tue 09-Sep-08 16:25:09

When I moved from England to Wales I rang Ofsted and they just asked me to send my certificate back with a covering letter to confirm I was finishing. I'm very disorganised and hadn't told them til after I'd finished. I shouldn't think you'd need to give them much notice, if any.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Tue 09-Sep-08 16:43:48

Agree Bloomingfedup - it IS a job - not a hobby!! Wish people would realise that sometimes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now