Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB: MONDAY STAFFROOM

(21 Posts)
SammyK Mon 08-Sep-08 08:27:03

Good Morning! smile

I have 3 new mindees starting today!! Wish me luck!

So pleased business has picked up.

Have a good day all!

nannynick Mon 08-Sep-08 09:38:11

Good Luck.
I'm off from daytime job for next two weeks, so I am currently in a coffee shop, while my car is getting a service.
Met a new family yesterday who have booked two evenings, so evening work is starting to pickup a little.
Hope today goes well with your new mindees.

mumlove Mon 08-Sep-08 12:25:24

Happy lunchtime to you all.
Well I have dropped DD and older mindee at school and then took younger mindee to CM group for chat and play.
The weather here the last 2 days has been dry, long may that last.
Hope you all have a lovely day smile .

Sammy - good luck and hope all goes well.

Nick - enjoy your time off.

Shoshe Mon 08-Sep-08 12:33:43

Hi all just had a enquiry for my space that fell through, lady coming later in the week, she has a job interview this week so hopefully something will come of it. grin

PinkChick Mon 08-Sep-08 14:13:01

Hi All, glad everyone is having good day and things are going well SKsmile..i also have 2 new midees (afterschhol) starting todaysmile..both been here before so quite mellow and looking forward to itsmile

having a 'moment' trying to explain to new parent (starting end of month) that a retainer (as it says in my policies which she has) is weekly, if someone else needs the sapc!, i know i should charge from day one until day they start but im soft and 'thought' id explained the situation!..now mum says she thought it was one off fee, but im now lsoing out on £135 A WEEK as i had to tunr mindees sister away !hmm

PinkChick Mon 08-Sep-08 14:13:37

needs the 'space'hmm..d'oh

Shoshe Mon 08-Sep-08 14:32:45

PC I would reiterate to her it is weekly, and either she pays it or you will have to offer the space to other child. Get Tuff girl grin

KatyMac Mon 08-Sep-08 15:21:21

Just starting work now after doing 5 hrs at work this am

God I am tired & my open morning tomorrow has to happen without me

coolj Mon 08-Sep-08 16:20:04

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a nice day with new ones/days off etc. Sorry to hear of all your troubles KM. I dont post that often but I do read most of the threads on a daily basis.

Ive had the day off today, yipee, so just been doing some EYFS stuff with another childminder. 2 heads are better than one. Done know if you have read my other thread EYFS hows it all going - BCMA was mentioned. If you havent had chance to look please do, they have done most of the EYFS work for you. Its brill. grin

southernbelle77 Mon 08-Sep-08 16:27:25

Hi all

Only one mindee left now as other has just gone! We had a good and fun day today. Now school is back on and dd is off there we are getting ourselves back into a routine which is good! We had lots of good (albeit rather messy!) fun this afternoon and my clothes are splatted with paint!

Just going to do dd some dinner (other mindee goes soon too) and then going to Sainsburys to complain about the fruit I bought on Saturday that has gone mouldy already and is not out of date yet. I'm usually just through it away but I refuse when it costs me loads a couple of days ago!

Hope your day with new mindees went well Sammy and pc! Get tough with the retainer PC, they are trying it on.

Hope you're ok Katy and not too tired. Hope the open day goes well but is a shame you can't be there.

Lucky you with no rain ML! Saying that, we have been ok today and actually have washing on the line (although not really drying as not warm enough!)

Hope you enjoyed your coffee Nick!

tulip31 Mon 08-Sep-08 17:03:19

Having fun with my 4 and 3 minded! My dc3 has taken a liking to a new mindee (boy 8yrs), and is being very in his face wanting to play etc, and the mindee isn't taking it too well! Oh well I think this is going to be the start of a long week!

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 08-Sep-08 17:07:01

Right have stuffed mindees out of the door grin

Quick hour on here then off to college to start final phase of DHC - Units 4 and 5.

Urghhh.

SammyK Mon 08-Sep-08 20:12:57

I had a course booked tonight 6.30-8.30 on observations and assessments - but didn't finish until 7 so didn't go! (would have took me another half hour to get there).

My new mindees all settled in brilliantly well - I was so relieved! grin

1yr old this morning and a 3yr and a 6m old this aft! All lovely. smile

House looked like a bomb site by 6pm tho when my last littly went home, felt a bit out of practice! blush

KatyMac Mon 08-Sep-08 20:58:45

I had a nap then I got up & made biscuits for tomorrow

SammyK Mon 08-Sep-08 21:02:41

Glad you got chance for a kip KM, what biscuits did you make? {greedy} grin

KatyMac Mon 08-Sep-08 21:05:28

Gingery ones - I got the recipe from a thread I started about wanting a ginger biscuit

I think I should have made the delia ones

SammyK Mon 08-Sep-08 21:07:54

Ooh I love ginger biccies. smile

I only bake when the kids are here - then I have an excuse why it looks like a science experiment gone wrong!grin

KatyMac Mon 08-Sep-08 21:09:09

I thought I needed H/M goodies for the open day <<which no-one will turn up to>> tomorrow

nannynick Mon 08-Sep-08 21:49:52

I would have made Rice Krispie cakes, far easier than biscuits. Hope people turn up tomorrow Katy... pity you won't be there. Hope your staff handle it well.

I've decided to visit my elder sister in Cornwall this weekend. Google maps says it's about a 5 hour drive. Hmm... I wonder. Anyone able to give a view as to how long it will take to drive from M3 Junction 3 to say St Austell - looks like the route is quite on the A303 (so slow past Stone Henge). Any suggestions on where to stop for a break also appreciated (else it will be Morrisons in Yeovil as that has a cafe).

geraldinetheluckygoat Mon 08-Sep-08 21:53:26

Hi everyone, I have namechanged, I was Jojo 76 and asked if i could join a couple of weeks ago! Ive been on holiday for the past week, back to work next week though. Was wondering if anyone has had a new style inspection yet?

KatyMac Mon 08-Sep-08 21:54:52

Hi Nick

Have you warned told her you are coming?

Hint: don't refer to her as Elder even if she technically is......it is a word that would get my 'baby' brother smacked <<nb C/Mers not hitting is only confined to children not ones own siblings>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now