Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder in Birmingham??

(7 Posts)
ShellySara Fri 05-Sep-08 22:59:35

I am hoping to return back to work soon, and would be looking for someone to look after my 4 month old daughter.

I do not live in Birmingham, but I am hoping to work in the City Centre. I would be commuting in to work by train. I would looking for someone that lives very close to the City Centre (walking distance preferably) or someone that would be able to collect her from train stations - I dont know if this is possible or not.

I have got no idea where to start looking for someone, does anyone have any handy hints for me? Or could I possibly be even luckier and find a CM in Birmingham?

dilemma456 Sat 06-Sep-08 08:46:21

Message withdrawn

dilemma456 Sat 06-Sep-08 08:46:22

Message withdrawn

dilemma456 Sat 06-Sep-08 08:47:46

Message withdrawn

dilemma456 Sat 06-Sep-08 08:50:46

Message withdrawn

LoveMyGirls Sat 06-Sep-08 08:53:54

Lol dilemma smile their imagination is brilliant isn't it (my dd2 will often scare herself by saying she is a crocodile and then actually believeing she is one and shes going to get herself)

Shelly could you get a cm near to your house? (where abouts are you, I'm nr coventry)

Picking up from a train station may be possible for some cm's but it depends what time and if they have children of their own etc

ShellySara Sat 06-Sep-08 17:32:16

I was going to call the FIS Monday, but it would probably end up being much later than that, as I run round after litlun and doing things I forget to do!!!

I hadnt seen that site before Dilemma, it has already given me a CM opposite the train station too! Thank you.

Lovemygirls, I live in Burton on Trent, which is an 45-60 minutes away as I would be travelling by train. I could probably find one around here too, but worry about getting home late, and getting to her in an emergency. I know standing on a train in rush hour isnt going to be improving our bond any, but I will miss her during the day, and want to spend as much possible time with her as I can.

What do you guys think, do you think it would be better closer to home or to work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now