Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

DESPERATE TO START CM

(9 Posts)
Orangutan Fri 05-Sep-08 17:05:58

Hi,
I’m in process of registering as a CM but am desperate to get started (in a job from hell which I want to get out of) does anyone advise against starting before I’m registered & have the certificate?

SammyK Fri 05-Sep-08 17:08:57

Are you serious?

If you are serious I apologise, but the reason you are registering is that it is illegal to provide care in your home, for reward, without being registered.

Could you do temp work until you register maybe? It must be awful if you hate your current job but hang in there. At least you have light at the end of the tunnel. smile

ellideb Fri 05-Sep-08 17:11:24

You can actually mind for a maximum of 2 hours without being registered. You can also look after you mindee in their own home if parents are up for it. But I wouldn't advise doing it on the QT.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 05-Sep-08 17:12:40

Yes.

Don't do it.

If you get caught then you might well scupper your chances of geting registered at all.

Unregistered, uninsured childcare, by a person not au fait with current first aid practices, who has not got in place emergency procedures, not trained in safe care is potentially disatrous.

Sorry

bloomingfedup Fri 05-Sep-08 17:33:38

I worked in the parent's home before I got my certificate as I wanted to get started and as a favour. It did not work out. I would defintley not start before you get registered - because of the reasons already stated plus the parents have 'one up on you' and some will turn that to their advantage.

bloomingfedup Fri 05-Sep-08 17:34:27

Plus way too stressful. smile

navyeyelasH Fri 05-Sep-08 19:16:45

Get a job as a temp nanny or something maybe. Don't risk working as an unregistered CM though it could ruin your whole plans and prevent you from registering at all!

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Fri 05-Sep-08 20:18:06

hmm

Orangutan Sat 06-Sep-08 16:35:55

ok then will look into temp nanny thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now