Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Untitled

(6 Posts)
mummy87 Thu 04-Sep-08 22:01:16

hi iam just wondering but can childminders take children to someone else's house? i didnt think they could but one that i know does. just curious.

nbee84 Thu 04-Sep-08 22:03:59

In what sense do you mean? As in visiting friends houses and taking minded children along with them? If so then there is nothing to say that they can't. As long as the children are properly supervised and stimulated (ie. friend has toys and/or children for them to play with) then I can't see why not.

mummy87 Thu 04-Sep-08 22:12:06

yeah just visiting, didnt know if it was ok, like i said just curious. do they have to have parents consent?

nannynick Fri 05-Sep-08 07:20:27

I suspect it would fall under the same consent as for other outings.

If you have concerns about where your child is going during the day, discuss that with your childminder. Childminders I know will sometimes visit each other - so all adults concerned have been cleared to work with children. This occurs more in Winter months, due to the weather, as when dry the childminders I know will meet up at local park/woodland.

ayla99 Fri 05-Sep-08 09:09:14

EYFS recommends that childminders "should obtain" written parental consent for outings but this is not a statutory requirement. It is a statutory requirement to carry out some sort of risk assessment for each type of outing. Where-ever mindees are taken - whether its someones house, park, soft play centre etc - childminders are expected to ensure the area is safe and suitable and must keep the mindees within sight/sound at all times.

mummy87 Fri 05-Sep-08 13:11:45

ok thanks
nannynick its not my child. my sil is a childminder just wondered cos she brings them to my house and didnt want her to get into trouble. im not a minder so had no idea. thanks for all replys smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now