Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

new nanny starting tomorrow... tips please?

(4 Posts)
beforesunrise Thu 04-Sep-08 20:16:00

hi all, i have a new nanny starting tomorrow at 9am and panicking a bit. dd1 has been with the same nanny for 2 years and loves her deeply, in fact she has been asking after her daily since coming back to london (we spent the summer at my parents). but i couldnt keep her own full time and so she has left us. i also have dd2 who is only 4 months. i will be on mat leave for another 3/4 months so nanny will start part time and more as a mother's help, but the intention is that she will be sole charge from january onwards. i am a bit worried about getting used to her and her getting used to us, she seems absolultey lovely but she has little actual nannying experience, although she is a bit more mature than average she has been mostly a mother-s help/housekeeper since coming here from bulgaria.
anyone has any tips on how to ease things in to ensure everything goes smoothly??? thanks!

Simplyme Thu 04-Sep-08 20:53:05

Just relax!!! Take it easy and let her take her time to adjust. Hopefully she will not push your children too much so they can get used to her in their own time!

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Thu 04-Sep-08 20:55:32

I went from

au pair for 1 year to
mother's help for 6 months to
live in ful time nanny for 18 months to
full time daily nanny for years.

If she is lovely with the kids and fits in with you all, don't worry about her job titles, etc.

catepilarr Thu 04-Sep-08 20:56:58

you dont need to have loads of exp to be good with children and fit into a family. you'll be all fine! good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now