Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much should I budget to pay a nanny's salary for 2 children 3 days a week?

(5 Posts)
2point4kids Thu 04-Sep-08 10:54:35

I'm in Ipswich.
Just been offered a job and need to work out the finances to see if I can afford childcare and travel etc.

I would need a nanny 3 days a week 7am to 7pm ish for 2 children aged 2.11 and 6 months.

Are these hours do-able? and how much on average should I look at paying a nanny?

I have had a quick look through old threads but cant see what I am looking for!

Thank you for your help!

2point4kids Thu 04-Sep-08 11:12:59

Can I pay per hour?
What would be an acceptable hourly gross salary?

HarrietTheSpy Thu 04-Sep-08 11:19:09

In our area you are looking at anywhere from 7.50-10.00 net. Hard to find people at hte lower end of the range. Might be different in Ipswich (we are London zone 4).

cthea Thu 04-Sep-08 11:22:48

That's a long day for a nanny to be looking after two such young children. I think you should budget around £10 ph gross.

imananny Thu 04-Sep-08 11:31:01

I have a friend in ipswich and think average is 6/7nett

they are very long days but should be do able - i have friends who work 12hr days

7nett would cost you 84nett a day so about 100 gross - you could try stating a daily salary rather than ahourly one to make things cheaper

you could also try and get an ofsted reg nanny and then get vouchers towards childcare - though I feel you as the employer should pay all costs (apart from nanny insurance) to get your nanny reg

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now