Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help! My playroom has sprung leaks!

(4 Posts)
Ripeberry Thu 04-Sep-08 09:40:33

I'm in the process of registering as a CM and the conservatory we were going to use as a playroom as decided to spring a load of leaks!
It's been raining so much that the guttering can't stand it anymore, or the seals around the glazing have failed but i've got loads of buckets out and the lino has puddles!
Don't know when i'll be able to fix it and if the OFSTED pre-reg person comes over they may refuse to register it.
Can i just register it as an "outside area"?

Ripeberry Thu 04-Sep-08 09:41:22

It is over 20yrs old mind you!

PinkChick Thu 04-Sep-08 10:02:05

unfortunatly it IS something your going to have to do asap as you wouldnt be able to use that room if its like that..sorrysad..but if it isnt done before she comes you can explain that you will be doing it on x date and will ensure the whole rom is risk assesed once finished?

Ripeberry Thu 04-Sep-08 14:11:36

Damn! Its a lovely big room and great to use when its dry, also it is the only way to get out into the garden so they will have to register it!
My DH has been "trying" to sort out this problem for ages, but the leaks are just getting worse.
Might be better to take it all down and get a new one built sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now