Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

before and after school childminding/school hols - advice please

(6 Posts)
reikizen Wed 03-Sep-08 16:42:19

My two are in nursery at the moment but dd1 starts school in Jan. I was wondering if any childminders will take kids to school and look after them afterwards for an hour or so rather than a school club. Also, does anyone employ a CM just for school holidays?

MaureenMLove Wed 03-Sep-08 16:45:51

Yes, most CM's do provide care for after school and school holidays. Just get a list from your local authority and give a few a call. You're bound to find someone.

BTW, just a small thing, but nevertheless a bit of a sticky point for CM's - you don't employ a CM, you use their service! grin

KatyMac Wed 03-Sep-08 16:48:08

Ditto what Maureen said - unless the children are under 5 (or not at full-time school) some childminder won't take on school holidays only for that age children

reikizen Wed 03-Sep-08 16:51:31

thanks mmlove, would hate to offend anyone through ignorance.smile

MaureenMLove Wed 03-Sep-08 17:05:57

That's fine. Easy mistake to make, when you haven't had dealings with CM's before! You can probably get a list of CM's in your area from your council website.

stellabgh Wed 03-Sep-08 21:39:47

I do before and after school care but based on my previous experience I would ask for minimum hours to be arranged first. It would not be worth my while to keep a whole place aside for half an hour before school and 1 hour after. I need a minimum of 3hrs a day to make it worth my while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now