Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Wednesday staff room - flop here

(16 Posts)
BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 03-Sep-08 11:00:54

Pre schooler knackered after first walk to school for 6 weeks, baby asleep too

grin

And the sun is still shining yay so we get to walk later too.

<<calf stretches>>

mogs0 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:50:17

I have walked to school all three morning so far and I'm knackered!! No children to look after until tomorrow so will be an interesting morning tomorrow if the weather is as bad as it has been today!!!

Shoshe Wed 03-Sep-08 12:43:35

All in bed or gone home, a nice sane day today.

We have been doing about rainbows as we had a beautiful in front of our window earlier.

found this to help.

mumlove Wed 03-Sep-08 12:55:50

Hello, Took big ones to school then went to soft play and had a lovely quiet morning.
1 mindee asleep and the other 1 is playing. The sun is shining so hopefully we can walk back to school for pick up and see how the 1st day back went.
Off to make coffee grin

SammyK Wed 03-Sep-08 13:03:38

Hi all I am done for the day cm'ing - hae nvq tutor coming round soon.

I am feeling nervous. My new family were meant to come do paperwork today have cancelled last minute (baby not well) and rearranged for tomorrow, and Mindee B's mum mentioned dad want to put him in a nursery 1 afternoon a week.

God - what if PP changes mind and B's parents move him?!? hmm

Rainbow activities sound nice shoshe. smile

Mumlove I have just had a big cup of tea and beans on toast - and demolished them whilst still hot! shock grin

Boys - enjoy the sun we had our quota yest I think. hmm envy

Hi mogs. smile

tulip31 Wed 03-Sep-08 13:29:02

Mine don't restart school until tomorrow, and weather permitting we will be walking!
Have spent the morning refereeing a wii mario game, keeping a eye on ds (3) who wouldn't leave the floor fitter alone, and finally did lunch to have 3 out of 5 not eat it, so am not making cakes now (don't eat dinner then don't get treat food!) and they are free playing.

Can't wait for my reflexology session tonight!

SammyK - keeping fingers crossed for you, and hope all goes well with nvq assesser
Mogs and Shoshe - i'm jealous
mumlove and boys, hope the rest of your days are nice as well

narkymum Wed 03-Sep-08 15:51:01

Hi just popped in to say hello (don`t make me sit in corner) starting work again monday after maternity smile

KatyMac Wed 03-Sep-08 16:42:06

Survived my second day at work today
Gave notice to some staff

Feel crapsad

mumlove Wed 03-Sep-08 17:10:38

2 mindees have gone home, just the 2 yr old here now until 5.30pm.

What can we have for tea, my brain hurts after having to remember to go to school and then to make sure that mindee brought everything home that was needed.

Katy - {{{{{hugs}}}}}

KatyMac Wed 03-Sep-08 17:12:42

We had my newest culinary invention 'Fish Pie'

Cook salmon
Cook leeks
Liquidise the leeks and stir in to the fish

Top with mashed potato & cheese

Sound odd tastes fabulous

SammyK Wed 03-Sep-08 17:16:46

AIBU: To bristle every time someone refers to their child being 'minded' by a friend or relative? I think it patronises what we do, how much training we go through, etc. I know anyone who is not a cm will think Iabu BTW, just needed to vent in here!

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 03-Sep-08 17:19:50

Katy sad but fish pie sounds yum

ML - brainache here too bread and jam today they had hot lunch at school

Narky - good to see you smile back in harness soon then eh ??

Tulip - reflexology sounds lovely

Sammy - fingers crossed

Shoshe - I heart rainbows, my mindees are too wee to understand but we like painting them smile

Mogs - go away rain is my mantra, didn't work this afternoon, we got wet. Heigh ho grin

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 03-Sep-08 17:21:00

yy Sammy, along with being referred to as a 'babysitter'

<<steam venting from ears at MIL>>

southernbelle77 Wed 03-Sep-08 18:02:38

Please hurry up last parent needing to pick up their dc!! I want to finish for the day! I'm knackered

SammyK Wed 03-Sep-08 19:53:19

That fish pie sounds yummy KM, sorry to hear you have had a tough day.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Wed 03-Sep-08 20:51:25

I'M TOTALLY WHACKED!! hAVE BARELY SAT DOWN ALL DAY AND AM HAVING AN EARLY NIGHT

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now