Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Non-tax-deductable rain coat - update!

(5 Posts)
mogs0 Wed 03-Sep-08 09:33:58

Well, I decided that if rain coat is not tax deductable and isn't now to be used only for cm-ing I'd try it out. So, I declined the offer of a lift from my neighbour and walked to school with ds. It was only lightly raining when we left so thought we'd be fine.....

.....Well, the coat works and is perfectly waterproof but I think I might now need to invest in waterproof trousers and some wellies!!!!! It was chucking it down by the time we got to the top of the hill and on my way back down there was a river running down the 70+ steps. I'm now back in my pj's and wondering what it's going to be like when I have to walk 4 children home every afternoon if it rains like this. Time to learn to drive I think!!!

cat1978 Wed 03-Sep-08 15:30:30

Oh yes get your selfsome nice wellies... there are some really funky ones around at the mo

mogs0 Wed 03-Sep-08 15:58:13

I haven't worn wellies for years and years. Would they be comfy enough to do a 50 minute round trip to school?

MatNanPlus Wed 03-Sep-08 20:07:07

look in Hunter, Festival and RHS Gardening they also do fleece lining socks

cat1978 Thu 04-Sep-08 15:31:35

Ooh wellies aren't like they used to be... you can get some funky cow print one or even ones with pretty flowers...add a big of glamour to the school run grin
I saw some fur lined ones in our local garden centre, not much to look at but I bet they are comfy (which is the main think oh and keeping you dry)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now