Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - reheating food for mindees?

(5 Posts)
looneytune Tue 02-Sep-08 12:35:02

Yesterday was my first day back from maternity leave and I'm just trying to get used to working life with a 9 week old baby of my own so am not 100% up to date with all the new rules yet. I believe that things have changed re heating food?

My mindees are aged 8 months, 17 months and 18 months and all come with food from their parents which I've always heated. Am I still allowed to do this? If not, what on earth am I supposed to do?

Thanks

saz73 Tue 02-Sep-08 12:41:36

Hi Looney welcome back, I was told by our council that if you have/registered to do a Food Hygeine course then it's perfectly ok to cook/reheat food. That came straight from the Early Years Department.

looneytune Tue 02-Sep-08 12:43:18

Hi Saz, how are you? Bet much better wink

Ok so if i'm not registered yet (waiting for course), should I not be providing food?

saz73 Tue 02-Sep-08 13:36:38

As long as you on booked on a course it's ok to provide/heat/cook the food. Sounds abit silly to me but that's what they said, even had it an email somewhere.

Lifes much better, got a 7mth and 15mth now and it's wonderful. Last night was first night where everyone was gone by 5pm (it's been 6.30 to 7pm previously), hubby cooked dinner and even had a bottle of wine with it. You would not believe how much better I feel and less stressed. Will ahve to catch up and fill you in sometime.

looneytune Thu 04-Sep-08 13:44:42

Sorry mate, didn't come back to this did I.

Agree it does sound silly, best get sorting it.

So pleased everything better for you, gosh, that woman took the pi** and you're well rid! I must reply to your facebook message, will go and look whilst they're all sleeping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now