Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Wet and grotty tuesday staffroom...

(21 Posts)
tulip31 Tue 02-Sep-08 07:28:21

I hope that you don't mind that I open this? (I'm a childminder in surrey, and have been working today since 6.45am).

I would put cakes on the table, but aren't awake yet to bake, so have ceral, milk and yoghurts available.....

Shoshe Tue 02-Sep-08 07:36:35

Hehe Tulip, what do you mean you haven't made them yet!!!!!

Its wet and horrible here to,

But it's the first day of term Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

southernbelle77 Tue 02-Sep-08 08:27:32

Morning! God it is horrible today isn't it. I'm not sure I can even think about venturing out today with 4 under 5's! Will see how we get on being in this morning grin
I have the playdoh ready for when all mindees arrive to keep them entertained for a bit (well, the older ones anyway).

Any breakfast here appreciated, so thank you

NumberFour Tue 02-Sep-08 08:37:41

Morning! I have 4 today, too. 10 months, 17 months, 3yrs 10 months (mine and the grumpiest) and 5 years and a bit.

The weather is APPALLING in Surrey, my husband needs my car so I cannot go out(one car family since he started his own business) and I am stumped as to what to do with them.

Playdoh? Drawing? Baking? Will have to have a thinkg while they play Power Rangers........

mumlove Tue 02-Sep-08 08:50:26

Morning all.

Wet here to. No school for us until tomorrow.
Can't wait until about 11am when my mum is commimg to collect DD to take her out for the afternoon smile then the noise level will go down! Going to get the cutting and sticking out then make some choc crispy cakes YUM YUM.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Shoshe Tue 02-Sep-08 09:11:12

That was the school run from hell!!!

Usually i only have to drop the Schoolies into their respective playgrounds, and I am lucky enough to be able to park right outside the schools.

But today as they all changed classes, I like to go in and make sure the teacher knows they are with a CM, and that I am picking them up.

So it was in the car at 8.10, with 2x under 5, and 5 Schoolies, go out to the first school (off Camp), get everybody out, and take 4 of the schoolies into their respective classes, all by 8.40,

Back into the car with the remaining three.

Back to the school on Camp, and get them all out again, taking remaining Schoolie into her class by 8.50,

Meet other under 5 at the school, and put all three into the car.

Go home.

juice and bananas for the mindees, Coffee (strong coffee for me)

In 15 minutes, all back into the car and off to soft play!!!!!!!

Still tomorrow 9it will be a quick 20 min school run grin

SammyK Tue 02-Sep-08 09:40:26

Morning everyone. smile Blimey shoshe! shock

I have just take ds to nursery and cleaned all my floors while no kids here.

I have PP coming today but don't think I can take them on. Unless another parent can change hours - which I am dubious about asking her. {worried} Hate this side of things!

tulip31 Tue 02-Sep-08 09:55:31

Shoshe, I thought I was busy.....how do you do it?
I've just had the 6 monthly dentist visit with my 4 (11, 8, 3, 1), 2 minded (6, 2) and of course me - that was fun!! Just got back and final minded (10)(for the day), has arrived and they are now buiding tents, while I have a strong coffee as well wink

looneytune Tue 02-Sep-08 10:41:50

Morning everyone

Quieter day as 18 month old mindee tends to go to grandparents on a Tuesday so it's just my 2 and 8 month old mindee No group as drop in had stopped until the childrens centre opens next month.

Horrible looking day here too (oh, is that the sun peaking out shock)

School run starts tomorrow morning, well, as long as ds1 is better in time (didn't eat yesterday, was quiet and temp of around 102 - he just stayed on sofa which is unheard of, even when ill!). He has finally eaten a bit this morning so I'm hoping he'll be ok.

Shoshe - that's mad, bet you're glad it's not like that every day!!

SammyK - good luck and if they want you, I'm sure whatever you decide to do will be the right decision

Tulip - that was one hell of a dental appointment eh!

Right, whilst mindee is napping I'm off to get a cuppa and sort some paperwork if my own boys let me! I'll put a pot on the table for you to help yourselves to

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 02-Sep-08 12:46:02

Grimola weather [pout]

We went to the park as it was dry and warm.

Mahoosive rainstorm, gah too wet to stay out, sodden underfoot, slippery equipment.

Home again, it's dry and warm again. Grrrr

hmm

Mindees asleep, my two are upstairs legoing like mad atm.

Shoshe Tue 02-Sep-08 12:57:19

One of three LO's gone home (gone from full time to just mornings, for his last month then off to OZ, not fair, why is it I never seem to keep my darling boys for long!)

Other two asleep, so silence until about 2.30, then off to school, and only picking up 3, so a much quieter end to the day grin

SammyK Tue 02-Sep-08 13:03:50

I need everyone to keep everything crossed for me today.

My PP came (see thread from yest) and was lovely, as were kids, so I spoke to mindee B's mum and asked her if there was any possibility she could help me by seeing about changing her working hours. I explained I could never give her notice for a better offer (too attached). She wa really nice about it and has gone straight into work to ask. smile

PP needs someone for next week tho ideally so need to sort this out if we can. I really hope I can take this new family on too - it would solve so many of my worries. {hopeful}

mumlove Tue 02-Sep-08 13:25:26

I am now ready for a large coffee. DD has gone to Nana's and we have just cleared away lunch bits. Mindees are watching 10 mins of tv while I sort out things for going to see friends and also drop 1 mindee off at a birthday party.

Sammy - fingers crossed for you smile

Shoshe - have a rest grin

Everyone have a great afternoon. grin smile

SammyK Tue 02-Sep-08 13:32:41

Yay!!! grin grin grin Woohoo!!!

Mindee B's mum has rang me back already and said she can change her work hours! smile

Have just left PP a message to let her know - so just need to hear back from he now too! Keep everything crossed ladies it's working! grin

Here mumlove hope this works!

PinkChick Tue 02-Sep-08 13:49:12

Oh WOW sammyK thats FAB!smile (did you get the contract in post??)

I;ve also just hada call from mindee who left before hols as poor mum AND dad got made redundantsad..dad has also just found job (mum got one few weeks back) so they want mindee AND her SISTER to come back!..only prob is 3 out of 5 i have already 3 under 5 and apart from ratio's i wouldnt have means to transport everyone aroundsad..so can agree to 2 days for baby mindee and possibly every day(after school, maybe before school) for older mindeesmile..she's one of dd's best friends as well so smile..wont say anything yet, speaking to mum tomorrow!.hopefully as before family will help them out as well?)
smile

Shoshe Tue 02-Sep-08 13:53:19

Well done you two.

One of my new babies that was coming in after Christmas is now not (Mum PG again so not going back to work)

So I actually have a space as of 1st October, as Mindee emigrating to OZ, but not two worried, spaces are like gold dust here, so just about to go stick a notice up at the NAAFI, and have just updated the CIS.

SammyK Tue 02-Sep-08 14:02:57

PC last post Thank you so much I did! smile Hope you can work something out to fit everyone. x

grin grin grin grin
PP got back to me wants Monday start!! Yippee!! So excited. Shouldn't really until it's all happening but been due a break of luck! grin

And will have a cute little baby to mind again - missed havig a cuddly baby around! smile
Shoshe - wish I could be so calm when I have a vacancy, sure u will have someone in no time.

Off to soft play now!

hennipenni Tue 02-Sep-08 14:47:59

Afternoon ladies, sorry haven't had chance to read the thread but hope everyone is good.

It's our last day of holidays today so a couple of minders friends and I took all our children to our newly re-opened library , then on to the park to let of steam and then back to a one of the mindres houses for a picnic. Now but all my mindees and DDs home and they are busy decorating biscuits and whilst their doing that I'll grab a coffee (strong). Between 3 minders this morning we had 20 children (mindees and own), got them all home safe and sound and hopefully very tired grin

ps we were all within our numbers too before anybody jumps on us!

hennipenni Tue 02-Sep-08 14:48:02

Afternoon ladies, sorry haven't had chance to read the thread but hope everyone is good.

It's our last day of holidays today so a couple of minders friends and I took all our children to our newly re-opened library , then on to the park to let of steam and then back to a one of the mindres houses for a picnic. Now but all my mindees and DDs home and they are busy decorating biscuits and whilst their doing that I'll grab a coffee (strong). Between 3 minders this morning we had 20 children (mindees and own), got them all home safe and sound and hopefully very tired grin

ps we were all within our numbers too before anybody jumps on us!

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Tue 02-Sep-08 15:49:44

fternoon all, I think I tired mindee out, she is snoring VERY LOUDLY!!! on the sofa, so grabbing a cuppa dn put my feet up and a surf for a while

Gonna start another thread for some ideas if I may pick your brains please, got to do my Sept planning, am a bit behind what with the hols!

Sammy, so pleased you have managed to get it sorted out! grin

vInTaGeVioLeT Tue 02-Sep-08 23:37:37

whoop whoop grin well done sammyK

and goodluck with returning mindees PC

it was my longest serving mindees last day today we had a little party for them smile i will miss them sad and have said to mum don't hesitate too call me if desperate for childcare BUT i'm soooooooooooooooooooo pleased not to have to do the horrendus school run anymore grin

i have a new baby starting in a couple of weeks - she's coming for settling in sessions once a week at the moment - a real cutie pie smile i will be working just 2.5 days a week and need another mindee under 5 to fill the space i have [i only mind 2 at a time plus my ds]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now