Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How to find local au pairs?

(8 Posts)
Bettyboobird Mon 01-Sep-08 21:49:55

Are there any website forums etc where I can find local au pair friends for our new au pair who will be arriving in a fortnight?

We don't know anyone locally her age (18), and as her English is perfect she doesn't want to take English classes, so I'm unsure of where she will meet friends.

I'm sure she will be fine, but I just want to make life as easy as possible for her when she arrives, and as she will be free every day from 1pm, I want her to be able to make the most of her free time.

Any advice gratefully received (can you tell I'm a first time AP-er?! lol!)

Millarkie Mon 01-Sep-08 22:19:11

My AP found friends by searching Facebook for a group 'APs currently in UK'

catepilarr Mon 01-Sep-08 22:46:40

nannyjob.co.uk
www.au-pair-box.com/forum/phpbb2/

cheapskatemum Tue 02-Sep-08 20:55:31

Mine used Facebook too. Also, I used APworld. After I'd found the AP for us, I mentioned to other APs who emailed after that if they wanted to get in touch with another AP in England once they'd found a family, to email me when they got 2 England & I'd put them in touch with my new AP. That sounds very long winded, hope it makes sense!

Dynamicnanny Tue 02-Sep-08 23:29:35

Where are you Betty?

catepilarr Wed 03-Sep-08 20:29:52

and for czechs/slovaks
anglie.org.uk
pohyby.co.uk

birdy27 Wed 03-Sep-08 20:41:16

www.findababysitter.com
this site is free - you search local nannies, sitters, au-pairs

SqueakyPop Wed 03-Sep-08 20:43:40

Facebook is good.

Also, put a poster up in your language school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now