Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Usually post under the nanny umbrella, but looking for some legal help from anyone who is able.

(5 Posts)
SimpleAsABC Mon 01-Sep-08 16:28:59

My cousins have been taken into care (there is a thread on adoptions, 2 now in fact).

I may potentially be in a position to care for the youngest, given sufficient support and resources from my local authority.

Does anyone out there of a legal mind know what my rights may be in such a situation?

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

poppy34 Mon 01-Sep-08 20:04:25

have you tried positng in legal matters?

SimpleAsABC Tue 02-Sep-08 15:37:35

yep, it seems that no1 can help...

KatyMac Tue 02-Sep-08 18:02:11

It is a different type of foster care (but I can't remember what it is called)

You won't get much if any money tbh

You are supposed to do it out of the goodness of your heart - you might get the cb & wftc but that is alll

armarda Tue 02-Sep-08 18:09:28

There was something on this on the Radio 4 program moneybox at the weekend about financial support in your situation - I THINK it was that most authorities won't give much but you may be able to negotiate up. Could I suggest you go onto the bbc listen again thing they have as I can't remember much detail.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: