Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Monday September 1st : Staff Room!!!!!!!

(30 Posts)
Shoshe Mon 01-Sep-08 06:22:07

........ Comes in , turns on urn, puts cream cakes in fridge, opens blinds, wipes the dust off the table tops.
Puts the 'Welcome Back Looney' banner up

Its the first day of termmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

NumberFour Mon 01-Sep-08 07:00:43

Morning! So was that the summer holiday then??

Hope your day goes well! Mine is going to be a bit of a shock because it is the start of the busiest term ever for me...... and now I stop and wonder: if that is the case, what am I doing on MUMSNET????

Shoshe Mon 01-Sep-08 07:14:02

Autumn Term always seems to be the busiest, what with all the Autumn things to do, then Rosh Hashanah, Eid-Ul-Fitr (we make lots of lovely things to eat grin, Yom Kippur, Diwali, Halloween, Firework, Advent, Hanukkah, then of course Christmas.

But I always love the Autumn term most grin

Have a quieter time on the actual Mindee front as some are leaving [sob] and some are coming in, but not full time to start with, a gradual build up from just mornings for November/December, so it will be nice.

mumlove Mon 01-Sep-08 07:17:57

Morning, Welcome back Looney smile I hope you have a great 1st day and mindees are good.

I have been given the day off as mindees dad wants to spend the day with them before school starts (weds) and I cannot sleep!
Will go and watch a dvd under duvet with DD before tidying up the mess from weekend.

LoveMyGirls Mon 01-Sep-08 07:28:27

Hi everyone

I'm just printimg out my first risk assesments, if the ink in the printer lasts it keeps saying its low!

Anyone else feeling worried they will get the eyfs all wrong?

I'm quite quiet this month which is good while i try to get to grips with putting eyfs into place then from october I'll be almost full, i'm having an old mindee back with her new sibling so quite excited about that, they are a lovely family!

MaureenMLove Mon 01-Sep-08 08:54:09

I'm stil here! School starts at 10.30'ish for me this morning. Inset day today and tomorrow. Just thought I'd welcome Looney back into the fold, but tbh, I don't recognise everyone in here anymore anyway! I feel a bit of an intruder! Obviously its only Numberfour that I don't recognise so far this morning!

I've got myself all excited this morning. Got a friend request on FB from an old pal at school. He looks might fine! He was one of my bestest friends back then and a bit of weed iirc! Not now! He's a strapping soldier in Afgan! grin Better get some decent pics of me on there!

Have a nice day all. Looney don't over do it on your first day, enjoy!

KatyMac Mon 01-Sep-08 10:31:06

Morning all

Welcome back Looney (where are the cakes....it's your turn)

I'm doing last years accounts

I've made a loss sad

NumberFour Mon 01-Sep-08 13:11:15

Apologies, I should have introduced myself! I am a CM in Surrey with a 3.10year old boy of my own and 5 others on my books. I have been minding for two and a half years and am just about to register at Kingston to do the 6 month EYPS route!

Hope you all have good days today!

looneytune Mon 01-Sep-08 14:42:29

Helloooooooooooo

Sorry I never sorted those pancakes for whoever asked for them on Friday, I have cakes on the table now though!!!

Gosh, what a shock to the system being back already! Today it's my 9 wk old, mindees 8 months old and 18 months old and my 5 yr old. My baby and younger mindee in tears whenever the other one is, went to group earlier which was ok but heavy carrying a rear facing car seat in each hand! shock Got home and did cold lunch for ds1 and older mindee, ds1 didn't eat and in fact hasn't eaten all day, been sleepy and now has temp of nearly 102 younger mindee was fed her mush and then my baby was bf then put them down for naps. It was first time younger mindee had been put in cot and went well, just been interupted a couple of times by older mindee once she joined her. At one point I had ALL FOUR asleep at once!!! shock didn't last long though and only allowed me time for clearing up a bit. Anyway, I'm about to eat and I've just got my baby up now so fingers crossed he'll behave. He doesn't half cry, unlike ds1 - makes it so hard when he wants bf a LOT. He's teething already so a lot is comfort feeding which I must stop!

Anyway, sorry for waffling, just needed to let that all out as I've been quite stressed this morning.

Hope you're all well and hopefully read your messages now before I'm needed! wink

LT x

hennipenni Mon 01-Sep-08 14:57:52

Afternoon all, looney, that sounds like a nightmare morninng but it will get better once you get yourself into a routine. Hope DS1 temp is nothing to worry about - I was only thinking yesterday that once my DDs are back at school and oldest mindees are back at nursery it will be wall - to- wall bugs and colds in the henni household sad.

Hava a problem with one set of parents who can't afford to pay for their little ones childcare anymore. I don't want to be horrible and refuse care as this is the first time in nearly two yrs that I've had a problem with them but I need to Know when to draw the line? I'm hoping that it's a tempory thing that we can work through.

hennipenni Mon 01-Sep-08 14:59:49

Oh and hello to everyone else and welcome to numberfour. Mo' I know what you mean about not recognising people in here anymore as I don't post as much as I used to.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Mon 01-Sep-08 15:01:35

Bah - I am having a "day" angry

southernbelle77 Mon 01-Sep-08 15:11:57

Hi all! Welcome back Looney

Busy day here but were out all morning which was good and kept all children suitably entertained! Staying in this afty as one mindee potty training so is wandering around in pants!!

DD starts school this week! I was ok about it but now I can feel myself getting all emotional about it! She will love it so much though and is exactly what she needs as I only look after little ones at the moment and she is craving company of her own age! And she has an awful attitude right now. I think she is a bit worried about school and taking it out on us! We have talked about it though and hopefully she is feeling better about it now. I think once she has started things might start to improve [wishful thinking emotion]!

MaureenMLove Mon 01-Sep-08 16:09:04

I'm done for the day! Inset days are very boring, when you're not a proper teacher. Most of the day was geared around planning and I don't do that, I just do as I'm told! grin

Henni, what are you going to do about non-payers then? I'm sure you can appreciate they have to have care, but at the same time, they have to appreciate you don't work for nothing.

Nice to meet you NumberFour. I flit in and out of here from time to time. I was a regular member before April this year. I decided EYFS was not for me. (Can't teach an old CM new tricks!) So, I opted out of CMing and now I'm a supply teacher at a secondary school.

SammyK Mon 01-Sep-08 16:09:06

Hello everyone smile

Welcome back looney! You have had a busy first day back haven't you! shock

MrsF - hope you ok - day almost over!

hennipenni Mon 01-Sep-08 16:17:14

Mo' have spoken to them when they picked up, they can pay me the outstanding amount from this month plus next months (which may be their notice periodsad)in a couple of weeks time, in the meantime they're going to think about what they are going to do. It's such a shame as they are lovely, young people who have been messed about by tax credit people. they said they fully undrestand if I want to give notice (which I don't but will if I have to)

MaureenMLove Mon 01-Sep-08 16:20:29

Aw, what a rotten situation for you all! sad Its almost worse that its so amicable! I don't think you have any choice. Lets hope they can get something worked out, so you don't have to loose them. They sound like the perfect family.sad

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 01-Sep-08 17:03:10

Hello all

Busy day, back to school on Wednesday.

Welcome back Looney - soon you'll be in the swing again

Mrs F - Oh dear. Do you want to tell us about your day?

Henni - were you not jennipenni? I am v confused blush not hard I might add !!

Sammy - good to see you

Katy - how ya doin'?

LMG - hope you get them printed

Shoshe - Autumn rocks

ML envy at duvet day

No 4 pleased to meet you

Mo - I liked your comedy lion outfit the other night !!

hennipenni Mon 01-Sep-08 17:30:04

Boys I was never Jennipenni, she posted whilst I was on my holidays and then dissapeared (or name changed). I have been hennipenni for eons but am thinking of changing. Anybody got any good ideas? I'm a mum of three girls and a C/m (obviouslyblush) who likes reading and drinking and camping.

LoveMyGirls Mon 01-Sep-08 18:07:06

Hi all,

LT what a total nightmare you knwo where i am if you need me to rant at!

BALD - I did all 4 risk assesments at 7.45am!

I ended up with an unexpected afternoon off so went wedding dress shopping instead, sister came with me and dp also had an unexpected afternoon off so he offered to have my dd's so we could go on our own and it was lovely!

MaureenMLove Mon 01-Sep-08 18:12:50

I like hennipenni, its a good name. why are you fed up with it? Did you have a row with someone and you need to fade into the background!winkgrin

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Mon 01-Sep-08 19:37:59

I really can't be bothered, just one of those days and at least it's over now anyway!

Roll on tomorrow, got a new baby of 1 settling in

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 01-Sep-08 19:39:04

Okey doke.

Another day, another dollar.

smile

Shoshe Mon 01-Sep-08 19:46:09

OK, thank God today is over!!!!!

I had 9 yes 9 today and before anybody starts shouting, I had 1x1 year old, 2x2 year olds 2x5 year old 1x8 year old, 2x10 year old and a 13 year old, they were all lovely even my younger 5 year old, who was having major tantrums at the beginning of the holidays was a perfect Angel.

But God the noise level!!!!!!!

NumberFour Mon 01-Sep-08 19:53:42

YOW!! 9!!

My day is just about over too. Got the kitchen to sort out (what are the chances of my husband doing it????)

It is going to be a hard week this week, because I am the busiest I have been in ages and my house is teensy tiny. sad

LMG: what 4 risk assessments are you talking about? Bother. I have loads to do re EYFS and here I am about to register for EYPS............

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now