Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Does you CM charge you when your DC are at nursery?

(8 Posts)
pippylongstockings Sun 31-Aug-08 20:08:01

My DS1 is starting pre-school next week.(Where does the time go? )

I work 3 days and have opted for him to go 2 mornings when I'm at home,(so I can drop him off and see his little face when I pick him up) and 1 morning when he would normally be at the CM.

On the CM morning I will still have to drop him & DS2 up to the CM, she will do her school run and drop DS1 at pre-school. Picking him up again 3 and 1/2 hours later. She however has sent through the bill as normal for this month, saying that it still limits her taking on other children as she has my DS1 in the afternoon.

Is this normal ?

She is great in every other way so I don't want to pee her off.

KatyMac Sun 31-Aug-08 20:10:10

Yep completely normal

She can't put another child in his space & presumably when the nursery is closed you till want him to go to her? So you need to pay for the space

sorry

TequilaMockinBird Sun 31-Aug-08 20:10:14

My DD goes to a playscheme during the holidays and CM drops her off at 10am and picks her up again at 2pm.

I am charged for all day though as, like you say, it limits her taking on other children.

pippylongstockings Sun 31-Aug-08 20:28:43

I guess - it's just that she actually choses not to have any extra children anyway. She has my 2DS 3 full days a week and no other kids.

The point about school hols etc is one I hadn't thought about though.

HappyChildminderBerkshire Sun 31-Aug-08 20:37:02

Completely normal. And if your LO needed to go home early from nursery for any reason, presumably the CM would collect him so you wouldn't have to leave work?

Shoshe Sun 31-Aug-08 20:41:38

I have this in my handbook.

UNDER 5’S IN OTHER SETTINGS

A child is counted as an under 5 by Ofsted until they are in full time education i.e. at school for 10 sessions a week.

A child who is at pre school is a under 5 and if they are with a childminder before and after pre school, and require a fulltime space during the holidays they therefore are taking a childminders full time space. As such you are required to pay retainer fee for the time that they are at preschool, as the childminder cannot then fill the part time that they are at pre school.

megancat Tue 02-Sep-08 14:23:58

Yes its normal - ours was the same. Also it means your CM is on call for any nursery problems while you are at work.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Tue 02-Sep-08 20:06:29

It's perfectly normal yes, I do the same for the reasons stated above.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now