Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

EYFS introduction course

(4 Posts)
dragonfly42 Fri 29-Aug-08 16:43:10

Hi, anyone done this course yet? I am booked in for it in september but just wondering if anyone really knows the main changes that childminders will have to apply with this new framework. I have read through it breifly and will do again but isnt most of it as before but all of the national standards and birth to three matters all put together?

jojo76 Fri 29-Aug-08 23:43:28

I went on one a fair while ago.....I think it's been replaced by another course now, because the requirements for cm's have changed, so I will maybe have to go again hmm
The ncma sent out a useful booklet the other week which would probably answer your question...and someone clever on here will probably sum it all up much better than I can!! tbh, I still feel rather clueless about it myself.

dragonfly42 Tue 02-Sep-08 20:37:00

This is the trouble, everyone I speak 2 have different ideas of whats new and compulsory and what isnt! does anyone really know whether all these assessments have 2 be written and whether they need to be written up on a daily or weekly basis. I think we all naturally observe the children and then think about what activities to provide each day anyway depending on what stage, age they are at. I think I will just have 2 wait 4 the course and find out whats now required. Sounds like you are in the same boat as me!

cat1978 Tue 02-Sep-08 21:21:11

Hi I went on the course at the end of May and I believe the policy changed at the start of May so I have the new booklet.
If you want me to send you the reference so you can order a new booklet let me know grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now