Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

FRIDAY Staff Room - place your orders for Monday mornng.............

(18 Posts)
looneytune Fri 29-Aug-08 08:44:16

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO everyone

Well, this is my last day of maternity leave as I start back on Monday <crying emoticon>

I'm feeling totally unprepared for it all and could do with at least another month but hey ho, got to do what I gotta do!!

Anyway, I've missed MN a lot as not had much time for it recently. What have I missed? I feel so out of touch!

As it's my first day back on Monday, I thought I'd put the breakfast on wink So if you have a particular want, place your order now! grin

Have a nice day everyone x

southernbelle77 Fri 29-Aug-08 09:00:33

Oh goodness, that has gone quickly hasn't it Looney! I hope it goes ok for you.

I'm having a rubbish morning so far! Things can only get better though! When baby mindee wakes up we will hopefully be popping over to a friends which will be good as need to get out the house! Only been working an hour, feels more like 4!!

PinkChick Fri 29-Aug-08 09:06:19

Wow Loony that HAS gone fast!!!shock..how are you managing then? are you prepared for it all??..hope so, we're here for a winge/advice whene ever you need it you know thatsmile

mindee 1 just arrived, mindee 2 STILL not here!Due 8.30hmm..

Anyway, mindee 1's mums birthday tomorrow!..step dad just told me so obv we will be making cards from mindee (2yrs) and i thought a nice bunch of flowers from mindee off us, but what nice thing could we 'make' so she gets an extra special gift?..we always do cards or paper flowers?...hmm..wonder if i can pick up a cheapy picture frame in aldi??(no other shops that would sell that kind of thing close by)???

any tips welcome smile

SammyK Fri 29-Aug-08 09:06:51

Blimey Looney shock can't believe you are back monday! Be nice to have you back. smile . . . pancakes would be nice, btw wink

I am cm'ing 12-4 today, so have squeezed a mystery shop in this morning! Every penny helps. grin

Hope your day improves SB - getting out always helps.

SammyK Fri 29-Aug-08 09:07:43

Hi PC cross posts smile {waves}

PinkChick Fri 29-Aug-08 09:20:04

Hiya Chick, how you doing???smile

SammyK Fri 29-Aug-08 09:26:27

I'm alright DS has a new bike and he looks HUGE he is only 3 - growing too fast.His old bike broke and when DP took it apart to repair it had been put together wrong by manufacturer and was knackered inside! So I took it back to Argos and camped out until they gave me a new, bigger, better one! grin
How are you?

PinkChick Fri 29-Aug-08 09:31:16

OOh thats fab! am very surprised they did that, but glad they did grin..bet he loves itsmile

We're fine chick, off to florist now for mindees mum and think we'll make some birthday choc crispy cakes this aftysmile..and Noooo of course i wont be eating anyshockwinkwink
x

SammyK Fri 29-Aug-08 09:56:03

I am very persuasive in these matters, relatives often send me into shops on their behalf! wink

Send them all home with mindees so they don't tempt you PC - that's what I tell myself I will do... grin

PinkChick Fri 29-Aug-08 09:57:20

ah but thats no good if i eat them sneaky like while the kids think im letting thems et!!hmmwinkblush.x

SammyK Fri 29-Aug-08 13:55:25

Eatin them behind a clip board works wink

Got afternoon off so off camping for the night. smile

Have a good wkend all.

mumlove Fri 29-Aug-08 14:45:26

Afternoon everyone,

No work for me on fridays until I get new mindees so sorting out all the cupboards to find things that we haven't used as going to do a car boot sale tomorrow.

Coffee and bisciuts are on the table.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend and school starts on wednesday next week grin.

PinkChick Fri 29-Aug-08 15:56:24

Frames look fab!smile..made with card pics came n and decorated with coloured tisue/crepe paper and glitter gluesmile..mindee loved it and dd made one toosmile

PinkChick Fri 29-Aug-08 16:24:47

SODS LAW!!..just had phone call from a mum who lives 2 minutes away from me wanting daily but part time care for her 2 children, one 6 months one 3, 3 yr old go's to nursery in sept at same school were my dd and all mindees go!<<sigh>>

signed contracts just last week for full time baby, still no idea of hours and old mindee who's coming back full time..glad i have the owkr dont get me wrong, but something always comes up to make you wonder doesnt it!

saz73 Fri 29-Aug-08 17:48:15

Hello everyone, just said goodbye to my mindee that I've had lots of trouble with over the last 12 months. Looking forward to finsihing at a earlier time from now on and not having to cook three meals aday for him!!! SHould I be feeling guilty?

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 29-Aug-08 21:20:39

nope - don't feel guilty, i'd feel relieved {but guilty for feeling it!!}

WOW LOONEY shock i can't believe your back to work already shock how old is baby?

jojo76 Fri 29-Aug-08 21:57:20

Hi, Im a childminder too, can I join in the staffroom, please grin ?

looneytune Sat 30-Aug-08 08:58:27

Sorry just got round to popping back in. Yes, it's gone FAR TOO FAST Never mind. Must put seats back in the car (took 3 out for camping) and then baby car seats. Loads of cleaning to do too but can't crack on til the kitchen units have been put on and everything safe from our building work.

Pinkchick - just about managing now that baby is getting better from the cranial osteopath treatments, he's still a 'needy' baby but much much better than he was. I could just do with a little more time to get him in a routine now he's more normal but we're getting there. Am I prepared....errr.....NO! lol Still need to read the rest of EYFS pack blush

SammyK - pancakes it is then

Saz - no way should you feel guilty, you should be having a massive party!!!

Vi - my baby has just turned 9 weeks old, going too fast

Jojo - of course you can, welcome

Right, best go as ds1 wants to play snakes and ladders and ds2 is crying now and probably wants a nap. Having my hair cut later then off out for a birthday party this afternoon (mindees sister) so best get on.

Have a good weekend x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now