Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Would this be reasonable?

(5 Posts)
Weegle Thu 28-Aug-08 15:01:29

We are going away for 4 nights. Au Pair is staying in our home (own choice, she could have come). She has got her boyfriend coming to stay for just over a week which includes those 4 nights. I was thinking of saying to her that I will buy some pizza, fresh pasta & sauce, milk, bread, cereal, salad etc for them, is there anything else she wants added to the list? But I don't want her to see it as I am prepared to pay all the costs of feeding boyfriend as well whilst we are not here. I feel differently about it whilst we are here the following 4 days for some reason. Would that be reasonable? Or should I provide 4 main meals for the two of them, plus staples for the 2 of them for 4 days? It seems a bit much if I do that, but want to be fair and reasonable. He was originally supposed to only be coming for a weekend/3 nights but somehow it's ended up being quite extended. I also need to set the groundwork on this occasion as she's going to be with us until summer next year so I can envisage similar situations arising again. Be grateful for any opinions.

FourArms Thu 28-Aug-08 15:07:35

When we did this, I just bought the normal food, and left an extra £20 to cover anything that ran out (and asked for receipts). However, our cupboards were very bare upon our return.

Weegle Thu 28-Aug-08 15:18:04

That's what concerns me - I, of course, don't mind feeding her as I would do normally but it seems quite a lot being expected to feed a 20 year old lad for a week when, when I agreed to it he was only coming for a weekend and they would be out most of it. Does that make sense?

SqueakyPop Thu 28-Aug-08 17:26:55

I would give her cash to cover her own food.

HarrietTheSpy Thu 28-Aug-08 17:31:57

I wouldn't feel obliged to leave loads for the BF. But I'm feeling uncharitable today. I suggest the case, as Squeaky says.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now