Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Do people want Nannies in Cheltenham/Gloucester/Stroud area??

(8 Posts)
Simplyme Thu 28-Aug-08 14:31:11

Hi I have been nannying for 10 years now either abroad or in London. I am considering making a move to the country to be nearer my family come January and was wondering if there is an availability of jobs there? I would be looking for live out or good separate accommodation and def sole charge with parents working. In London I have always had plenty of jobs to choose from but if I'm honest I don't like London. So my question is do you know if there are people who work and want nannies in this area? many thanks in advance for your experiences opinions.

mummypoppins Thu 28-Aug-08 16:39:34

yes there are. Try calling cheltenham nannies and imperial nannies. Lots of nanny/housekeeper jobs with older children and the very wealthy families where mums have to have a nanny to survive and dont work !

Salaries not nearly as good though bear that in mind.

Simplyme Thu 28-Aug-08 18:51:58

Thanks, I don't mind a salary cut! Am prepared for it. You have to make sacrifices in life and tbh a pay cut for the chance to be out of London and near my family will be worth it!

I really really don't want to work for a sahm though! Too used to running and organising my own day!! I am already registered with imperial in London so that will help!

Littlefish Thu 28-Aug-08 18:54:03

Lots of private schools in/around Cheltenham, although the two big ones offer boarding - Cheltenham Ladies College & Cheltenham Boys college.

mummypoppins Thu 28-Aug-08 22:29:23

cat me simply. I may have a job for you.

MP

Simplyme Thu 28-Aug-08 23:08:18

Thanks Mummypoppins CAT sent

Emily23 Fri 29-Aug-08 07:31:04

I am a nanny in the cheltenham/cotswolds area. I definitely recommend Lynne at Cheltenham Nannies and also Polly at Nanny to the resuce glos. There are jobs available, wages normally 8-11 gross per hour. I have found, however, that the mums are normally around some/all of the time as not many work or are working from home so make it very clear when you speak to agencies that you don't want this. hth

Simplyme Fri 29-Aug-08 07:49:36

Thanks Emily, I am visiting my family in October so will try and register with those agencies at the same time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now