Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Now Sky News want to talk to someone about EYFS

(10 Posts)
Arfa Wed 27-Aug-08 18:21:13

"I am desperately trying to find a childminder, nursery school worker or primary school teacher who would be willing to do an on-camera interview with us regarding the issue and why they oppose the framework. Ideally the interview would be done at a school, nursery or childminding setting. We could do this anywhere in the country either tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday."

Any volunteers?

Email me on arthur dot adams53 at tiscali dot co dot uk and I'll email you back with the contact details.

CountessDracula Wed 27-Aug-08 18:24:36

you need to pay for this I believe

Arfa Wed 27-Aug-08 19:09:00

In what way?

You have to subscribe to Sky for whatever package you take from them, but I believe that Sky News is also available on Freeview.

nannynick Wed 27-Aug-08 19:39:49

Media requests should go through on the Media Requests board, for which a fee is charged.

However, Arfa is a childminder/husband of a childminder (do you both post under the same username?) and thus is passing on something of potential interest to other childminders.

ThePrisoner Wed 27-Aug-08 19:40:21

Arfa - CountessDracula thinks you have placed an ad, which people would normally have to pay for.

CountessDracula - this is not an ad! Arfa is a token childminder grin who posts here. There is ongoing fury about new regulations etc. relating to childminders which is currently featuring in news items.

Arfa Wed 27-Aug-08 20:45:45

Sorry folks, I wasn't aware of that rule, I was just passing on a request that someone else had forwarded to me.

I definitely don't work for a TV company, I work in the IT department of a paint factory.

KatyMac Wed 27-Aug-08 20:47:16

I checked with MN and they are happy this isn't a media request in their terms (so to speak)

KatyMac Thu 28-Aug-08 17:02:47

Did you find someone Arfa?

Arfa Thu 28-Aug-08 17:59:06

No, nobody emailed me. Never mind.

KatyMac Thu 28-Aug-08 18:00:31

This week has been a bit busy - but if they are desperate?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now