Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

BBC Breakfast Time 7:30ish this morning (27th)

(19 Posts)
Arfa Wed 27-Aug-08 05:39:30

BBC Breakfast Time will be doing a big piece about childminding this morning at about 7:30am. Katymac, the NCMA and probably a few others will be in the studio to discuss Ofsted's latest report.

The report shows a 8% drop in the number of good & outstanding childminders, but only a 2% rise in outstandings (if that makes sense). Ofsted are using this to justify their inspection regime and the introduction of the EYFS, but aren't considering that they might be part of the problem as they keep moving the goalposts and insist on more and more paperwork etc.
Here's a few links:

The BBC

The Independent

The Guardian

The Telegraph

The BBC have some inside knowledge, though, because of all the emails that were sent to them by CMs amd parents as a result of the story last week about falling numbers of CMs.

BradfordMum Wed 27-Aug-08 07:46:08

Well done Katy!
Nice last comment about Ofsted reading it 3 yrs from now!

Sally x

LoveMyGirls Wed 27-Aug-08 07:52:41

Well done Katy, you looked fab too!

SqueakyPop Wed 27-Aug-08 07:56:42

Good interview.

I didn't get the impression that the NCMA rep was on the same side as you.

southernbelle77 Wed 27-Aug-08 08:20:52

Great Interview. You came across really well Katy.

I know what you mean SqueakyPop about the NCMA woman. Some of what she said sounded like she was against EYFS and then she would say something else about it not actually being that much more work for Network minders etc.

Booh Wed 27-Aug-08 08:45:32

OMG was that you Katy!

I had no idea it was you as we all sat around the table having breaky watching you!

You came across really well

Bx

kittycats Wed 27-Aug-08 09:30:25

i missed it does anyone know if there is anyway of seeing it again????

imananny Wed 27-Aug-08 09:34:15

I saw you Katy - got up EARLY on my day off - just to watch you after reading on here you would be on the show - thought you came across very well smile

not being a cm, i dont quite understand the EYFS - but I do gather it makes things a lot harder for cm now with extra paperwork /inspeactions etcsad

WilfSell Wed 27-Aug-08 09:39:50

Ooh hello Katymac! I saw you: well done.

It is being repeated on News24 if you have that for people who missed it.

southeastastra Wed 27-Aug-08 10:12:50

well done katy! good interview

SimpleAsABC Wed 27-Aug-08 10:45:00

awh I can't find it to watch.. can anyone help?

IAteDavinaForDinner Wed 27-Aug-08 10:47:04

I saw this and know very little about it as we aren't (yet) using a CM but I thought to myself "I wish she lived round here" grin

SimpleAsABC Wed 27-Aug-08 11:02:09

O0oh sky channel 503, its coming on in the next hour or so!

I shall sit. And wait!

So exciting

Arfa Wed 27-Aug-08 11:07:35

The BBC are inviting comments to this news story about the fall in the number of childminders rated as good by Ofsted. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and add your six pen'orth.

KatyMac Wed 27-Aug-08 15:29:45

Thank you everyone

Do I look like I type? (iyswim)

LoveMyGirls Wed 27-Aug-08 16:00:28

I don't think you do type like you look tbh. Typing - you are very assertive and a fab business woman etc
you look like your quiet and timid type but I know you're not really grin

I think you came across really well!

KatyMac Wed 27-Aug-08 16:24:17

Thanks - I was quite nervous tbh

I should like a 12yo on the phone

Arfa Thu 28-Aug-08 18:34:58

Further follow up:

Radio 5 Live Wednesday morning, move the slider bar to about 2 hours 15 minutes into the programme.

KatyMac Thu 28-Aug-08 18:38:11

Thanks Arfa

Still no joy with radio 5 for the morning yet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now