Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

childminder advice needed.... -

(4 Posts)
lunarx Fri 18-Feb-05 11:10:41

i'm in the need of someone to look after my son (who is almost 8 months old) one day a week. as we are moving in the next month, i am wondering if it would be a good decision to seek out a childminder to look after him. i do not know (ok anything) about how childminders usually work, if they may/may not take a child in for one day a week, how costs of such care is figured out.. i've looked on the Childcarelink fairly extentively, but was wondering if anyone had any additional insights or advice...

-thanks

(i dont have anyone i know locally that could babysit, which is why i am looking into other options..) ..

KatieMac Fri 18-Feb-05 11:16:12

Childminders have lots of situations they can help with. I regularily have a p/t place.

But some C/Mers prefer f/t places.

I would charge hourly (I'm not in your area)
They can charge from £2 up to £6 or £7 phr - depending on your area.

Good luck - I think a c/mer is a good idea, it would fit your circumstances

alibubbles Fri 18-Feb-05 20:56:50

What area are you looking in?

sophie10 Fri 18-Feb-05 21:15:09

Hi lunarx would you be looking for a perm or temp space? my local Childrens Info centre recommends cm's charge more for a temp space. but if it is perm part time space than cm's charge a daily or hourly rate and most I know myself included do part time as well as full time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now